Endless cycle?

I got a pair of clownfish like 6 days ago and they’ve been eating very good, but a small frag of gsp was opening for 2 days then it stopped opening, and the seachem ammonia alert is on on alert at the moment which would be 0.05 ppm. I did a water change yesterday just in case. I’m running a radion xr15 pro 9 hours a day and I know gsp is super easy to keep so kinda worries me the ammonia alert is correct.

Is there any ammonia tester that isn’t affected by dechlorinator? My bad if I asked already but I mean even digital, I wouldn’t mind spending on it as long as there’s something very accurate out there, a digital ammonia meter would be nice.

Corals are unaffected by ammonia. They utilize it as a nitrogen source. GSP can close for weeks for any number of reasons - clownfish bugging them, too much light, not enough flow, etc.

It would be easy to fix your cycle, we're missing a tank picture. There's a detail you mentioned in the description that made me want to see a tank pic. I bet its fixed by now anyway but if not, would be curious to see a tank picture

The tank carried bioload even when the testing didn't line up, that factors as well in the seemingly stalled cycle

Back