Enjoy's 120g Rimless Build (Lots of Pictures)

Any updates?

Yes, when I get some free time I will post an update with some new pics.
Thanks

Just finished reading the entire thread. Awesome build!!!

Thank you very much!

Great build... John from AA does awesome work.. What are the dims on your ATO?

Thanks, I have always had a good experience with John - he has built multiple projects for me.
The ATO is (24" tall x 14" deep x 8" wide).

I had my new GoPro Hero2 at home for alittle last night, so I figured I would shoot a short vid of the tank. Nothing special, and as you can see it needs a little cleaning ;)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s8BTdnNuULs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well I had another "Scrape off as much bubble algae as possible" session. I got a lot of it off so it's not such an eye-sore, but it is near impossible to get it all. I have a feeling it will be an on going battle. I just need to keep the upper hand.

This might put it into perspective - a lot of bubble algae!!
IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

The tank overall is looking better, with the corals coloring up more and more. I will hopefully be adding some new SPS soon :p

Here are a few pics of what I have been busy with -

06 Silverado Audio Install:

New wire vs. Stock wire
IMAG0321.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0317.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

Well I received my order from LiveAquaria yesterday, and sadly the fish I was most excited about arrived in a completely clouded bag. Could not even see through to the fish.

Two others made it, but were in pretty rough shape. Seems like more and more, I am having trouble with shipments from LiveAquaria - even if from DiversDen.
I have already emailed them, and will most likely get credited - but I lose the money paid for shipment each time.

Not so happy of a Friday so far.... :hammer:

I finally got a few new sps frags in trade for my BioPellet reactor. I still need to stop by Mike's from SexyCorals because he owes me SPS from a My Miami peice I gave him awhile back - so those will be added soon as well.

I added a really small Bi-Colored Blenny last week who had been in QT for the last few weeks. He is hard to find in the tank, but it's awesome to see him when I do. Perched in the rocks with his tiny head poking out.

A few negatives:
1: One thing I saw this last week, was when I was doing my routine feeding Mr. Blue Jaw (while waiting to be fed) - starts picking at the rocks, then picks at my ORA Spongoid..... Then takes a bite out of it. :eek:
Lets just say I will be keeping an extremely close eye on this guy, and if he keeps it up he will be plucked out before he knows what netted him.

2: My Mandarin has some sort of white growth, or possibly a bacterial infection.....I have no clue. I will be posting this in the fish medical forum but figured I would ask for advice here as well. Please let me know if you have any.

Poor little guy...
IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

Camera phone pic...
IMAG0344.jpg

Love the Achilles Tang, does it have a enough swimming room? I Have a 120rr (4'x2'x2') and I would love to get one.

The Achilles is no longer with me. But personally I think that size tank would only house a juvenille Achilles temporarily. As it gets bigger it would need more space IMHO.

Here is my oldest daughter Olivia, right after we fed the fish.. she loves the little things about the tank - hermits, snails, algae etc.....

IMAG0350.jpg

IMAG0349.jpg

Back