erectus with cyst on it's upper back

CTaylor

Hi,
My erectus has a cyst that looks like it bores a few mm into his neck. Is it a fungus? bacteria? What can I do? I don't think he will survive without treatment. It just doesnt look good at all. At first I thought it was just a white spot/coloration, but it clearly is not just that.
The first pic is a close up of the second pic. The third pic is just a different angle.
What treatment can I do, if any?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4308-1.jpeg
    IMG_4308-1.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4308.jpg
    IMG_4308.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4309.jpg
    IMG_4309.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1
Well it's not something I've encountered in my 15 yrs of seahorse keeping. For me, whenever I can't determine source of a problem to determine proper treatment, I usually do a FWD first, followed by treatment in a hospital tank with Diamox AND Furan II to cover most likely scenarios.
Hopefully I'll never have the problem again as now in Canada we can't buy antibiotics other than through a vet which makes it REALLY expensive.

Thanks Rayjay. I can find diamox in a minimum of 100 tabs 250 mg/tab, $33 plus shipping. Which would probably take a few days. That's from an online phramacy. It just looks like fungus to me, looks like cotton on him. I have fluconozole for when I thought I had a fungal infection myself lol. Can I use this somehow to treat him, if my assumption is right?

ty!

Sorry but I can't help with any advice for fungal problems as I've never come across any.
You could however treat in hospital tank with Furan II and/or Tri-Sulpha. Even if it turns out to be fungal, there is a secondary problem with bacteria that the antibiotics can remedy.
That price for Diamox seems high as I bought a bottle of 100 for just under $18 CDN, and normally, everything is more expensive here in Canada. That being said, I think Diamox is the lessor odds of being the needed treatment.

Back