experiances with very tiny clams

Kogo

In Memoriam
anyone care to share personal experiances with keeping tiny (1") clams.

details of succes ... frustrations with failure?

most people claim not much success. small clams have a huge mortality rate. I would pass, and get one around 3".

not planning on buying one, just looking for those who have.

thanks for the response.

i have had one for about 2 week he is just about a inch maybe a inch and a half i have not put in any phyto just normal food for my fish and sps and it is still alive i know 2 weeks is not long but for now it gowing strong and is even coloring up all the way. but i would not try it if u dont have the money just to toss away i work at a lfs so i got it cheap

I grew a maxima from about 2" up to 4" until my lfs sold it when they had it while I was switching tanks /sigh, oh well got a store credit, not recommended though..

i dont know how onehundred did it but i tried it and it was a nightmare always searching for it

well i had a 1 inch maxima and it is now about 3 inches i also just aquired a 1/2 inch maxima 3 weeks so far and no problems;)

you dont have to feed them, they actually are more self feeding when they are smaller, despite what most people think. read james fatheres new book, it is excellent

so far i hear many saying near impossible, while those who have kept them seem to have had success..... interesting.

GSMguy, is your clam still alive or did you loose it?

thanks for all the replies so far

This one was about an inch when I got it a few years ago. In this picture it is about 4". Now it is a little larger than 6".
I don't feed it or do anything special.
Paul
13094Bottle.JPG

Back