Februrary Meeting 2-16-08

Crap - I just realized I am taking the boy skiing next weekend and won't be around for the meeting. Sorry I'm gonna have to miss this one.

Does anyone have any xenia that they would be interested in bringing to the meeting for a few dollars? My gf really likes it, we just cant seem to get it to make the drive from her tank in Mass down to our tank here.

Read up on shipping items in the forums like you would in the mail. Package it the same way with a well insilated container and heat packs.
I would loads of xenia, but unfortunily I still have a pest in my tank I am trying to get rid of. Hopefully someone else will chime in and bring some I know there is a couple of people who have some.

Sorry you won't be making in Craig enjoy skiing though.

Jonathon

Dang I most have missed Craigs post where he invited all of us on the ski trip. I'll be your kid for the day.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11819449#post11819449 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by a1amap
Dang I most have missed Craigs post where he invited all of us on the ski trip. I'll be your kid for the day.

HEHEH Craig's your Daddy! HEHEH

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11819449#post11819449 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by a1amap

Yeah - sleeping in an old church hall with 20 boyscouts. - Free

Attempting to do something I haven't done in 20 years, with someone that thinks I'm too old for snowboarding. - $195

Coming home in a cast...priceless.

Can't wait.

Al - can I send a frag w/ you and have you pick one up for me?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11824641#post11824641 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by a1amap
Sure no problem. Your just hooked on the drugs, This just gives you the excuse to get them.:D

I can not even begin to form a logical argument. :D

i've tried to frag my zenia a few times and they never survive or they detach from the plug and attach to the lr again. anyone have any suggestions... when i net them to plugs they start to die after only 4 days or so. i've tried to unnet them sooner but they never attach.

Well, once you get them to attach to the rubble/plug, the trick is to get rid of it quick or to put it in the middle of the sand where it cant creep off onto the rock. If you even bring a fresh cut frag we would pay for it...

probably not gonna be able to make it this time....

the thing is i cant get it to attach to the plug but ill se what i can do before marchs meeting.. our zenia grows like crazy

The bridal veil method has always worked for us... put it over it loosley but tight enough that its not floating around underneath it and the polyps should wiggle out between the holes and it usally attached within a week or so.

Just received word that firecrackerbob will be coming. He had a schedule change and is now able to attend.

Reef 'n ale and martinfaimly, will be attending.

Something came up and the parents need the car and I have to stay home with the sister and babysit. Sorry guys doesn't look like I can make it to this one. I promise to make it eventually.
-Chris

Sorry, I missed the meting too. I had ajob to finish for work, and it was running late due to Union Negotiations, but they settled, and took a vote today.
Doug

Well we had great turnout today I roughly figure we had 25 people. Mike, Thanks again for hosting. I think it goes with out saying, your tank is awesome. I took some pictures and will post them a little later.

Okay who wants to follow up after Mike. The bar has been set pretty high.

wow, what a tank ... next time, i bring plenty of spare ziplocks :) ... mike, thanks a lot for opening up your home to the club ... and, did i mention, wow, what a tank!

Back