Feeding Large Predators, Please Read

When I was working at a LFS a customer wanted to buy a green moray... He liked to slide between our tanks at night and eat other fishes... Well as I was netting said moray he writhed out of the net onto the floor... I though np I will just reach down and catch him like a snake...lol Needless to say I learned quite a lesson that day... :p
Also we had a customer tank that we did bi-weekly maintenance on... They had a dog faced puffer that was the meanest fish I ever dealt with... I know this is no shark or lion but he was a sneaky sob and would bite/spit every chance he got...

Last edited:
Current tank 125- Spike puffer, snowflake eels, red/orange frog, fox face & benny.

I would like to add Huma and Niger Trigger anyone have advice regarding compatibility to my existing ecosystem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi I'm relatively new to the hobby got a aquael 150 110gallon tank been up and running 6 months now. Really need some advice on my new lionfish had him 10 days and he's not eaten once yet he's swimming round no problem but when I try to feed him he just isn't bothered tried with a feeding stick glass shrimp mussels clams don't know where to turn. Should I just keep going the way I am and he'll not let himself starve and self presavation will kick in or is there anything else I can do.

Thanks for the advice but I have been trying the feeder stick from day one. But I think the guppies or mollies might help first day of treatment was today got another two days but I'll pick up 3 or 4 guppies tomorrow. Hopefully he will be able to see soon��

Has anyone ever had an Angler take frozen food? I have not and tho I would like to get one, I will not if the general consensus is no. I will not feed a saltwater fish freshwater fish.
Thanks.

Back