Feeding??

TRUKINGNY

hey was wondering what should i do...i feed once a day and i know its more then my fish can eat in 2-5 min i feed 4 different kinds of food which is cyclops-eeze,mysis,flakes,rods all different days of course but i notice yesterday towards the end of my MH light cycle my 4 anthais barletts *(which i just got) looked more hungry should i try and feed like a moon light snack if so what is a good snack for the fish or should i just stick to my once a day like i have been doing???? *
Light Cycle *
LED: 12pm-10pm
T5: 1pm-9pm
MH: 2pm-8pm
Feeding time is 5pm

My Bartletts look hungry when I see them with a fork on one fin and a knife on the other, and a bib.... How do your bartletts look hungry

My Bartletts look hungry when I see them with a fork on one fin and a knife on the other, and a bib.... How do your bartletts look hungry

When they aren't hungry they stat together in one spot and just hangout then I see them going into little caves and looking into holes in the rock stuff like that maybe it's just me lol

Anthias are supposed to be fed 3-4 times daily.
Guess thats why I never got them.... you can google search for anthias care or use Live Aquaria as a reference when buying a particular fish or fishes.
Feed twice a day like you stated.. GL.

Anthias are supposed to be fed 3-4 times daily.

That's correct. If you're not feeding at least two to three times daily, you won't have your Anthias too much longer. That means that on occasion, you can slip and only feed twice on a given day, but most days you have to feed a minimum of three times.
My Anthias are happy eating flake, and will come out to eat with just the moonlights on.

i was thinking of starting to hatch my own brine shrimp as there snacks but i was thinking not enough nutrients am i right i will still feed what iam feeding just use this as there inbetween meals?? or anything else you think i can cultivate??

Adult brine are nutritionally pretty worthless. Baby brine, with the eggsack still attached are very nutritious. If you feed them right after they're hatched, it's good stuff.

Auto feeder with flakes is much, much easier though.

yea thats true maybe ill do that but on the other hand i like to do hard things lol i might try it out any one have luck or any pointers with the brine shrimp and doing it right and have enough to last???

LOL.... Actually you can try pming the Doc. He has 3 in his DT, although he feeds heavy for his large fish, so that may compensate. Worth a try.

I've never done the brine shrimp thing, it too much trouble for what you get out of it. They can last a few days, probably close to a week, but they only have that eggsack for, I believe, a few hours. After that, they're pretty worthless.

Back