filtration

ATM

I'm starting a 80 gallon FOWLR tank. I cant fit a sump underneath my tank so I was curious if (2) penguin 350 hang on filters would be sufficient for med/large aggressive fish.

(the stand seems to be made LIKE ikea furniture, I'm unable to remove any of the support beams and replace them w/out ruining the integrity of the stand, plus I would rather not.

thank you

Fowlrs are relitively easy. I ran one for years. Are you planning on adding live rock? You would need to suppliment any bio filter the hang-on's have (or remove them completely) with live rock. Mine was basically a deep sand bed, 1-2lb/gallon live rock, and fish. Fowlr. A good protein skimmer is always recommended as well.

yes I have roughly 100pds of live rock and 2" sand bed. please explain this further :

you would need to suppliment any bio filter the hang-on's have (or remove them completely) with live rock.

if this is the case what do I use for filtration

thanks

im not sure on all that i have a penguin 350 on my 75g mixed reef and it works great for me i also have about 150lbs lr with a cc base

well I wanted to put a dog face puffer, niger, and maybe 3 other fish . Do you think this would be an overload?

Back