Fish store going out of business sale

Rats! My car is in the shop this morning. Someone call me and tell me if there's anything left... I could use new bulbs and spare pumps...

I'll save u the trip. Nothing good is left. Someone from this forum got a good deal on a sweet set up she had in her garage. I think I was like 20 minutes too late. Only thing left are dog collars, leashes, some fish food, water conditioners, and a 60x18x24t acrylic tank stand and canopy. She'll throw in some lighting, sump, and overflow box for $500. Tank is brand new but has a scratches on one of the side panels, and canopy and stand need some work. Oh yeah there was also some whisper hang on filter rated for upto 30 gallon tanks for $9 dollars I think.

But like they say one person's junk is someone elses treasure so maybe u might find something useful. I didn't get to c the puppies though she had two different type, they were going to bring later.

Shoot, I want the HOB filter! Those suckers are expensive but perfect for growout tanks. Not worth driving to LB for, besides, I'm supposed to be taking a break from breeding. ;)

That sound like a nice 120g tank with a little elbow grease. Who needs an overflow box when you can drill it?

Good thing I didn't see the puppies... my old dog is on his last legs. :(

I chose to sleep in and drink coffee! Sounds like I made the right choice as I really don't need anything :D

I was going to buy them but controlled myself. They are all brand new, i think she has a case of 12, She also had 10 gallon tanks with sand in them for $1.00

The unit is still there but it needs somes work. But for $50 u can't beat that. One tier was small cubicles for fishes, then another for bigger fish four dividers and then she had another layer that was for inverts, but I think it's separate though. The sump has a broken wall, but it's where u hide the pump, she said it still holds water.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7490587#post7490587 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Konadog
I chose to sleep in and drink coffee! Sounds like I made the right choice as I really don't need anything :D

I thought u were going to sell me some coffee?

For $50, that's an awesome thing for a fish room. I am going to post in the breeding forum for the guys in SD.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7490645#post7490645 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rbdesigns
I thought u were going to sell me some coffee?
Sorry Ron, I decided to drink it myself and watch butterflies in my backyard :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7490717#post7490717 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bennyinca
Thanks for the heads up call Ron, the 125 is just what I am looking for, but it is already sold...

That was fast!

ok I put it back. :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7490564#post7490564 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NicoleC
Shoot, I want the HOB filter! Those suckers are expensive but perfect for growout tanks. Not worth driving to LB for, besides, I'm supposed to be taking a break from breeding. ;)

Good thing I didn't see the puppies... my old dog is on his last legs. :(

Nicole... first, sorry to hear about your dog. I had to put my 16 year old mutt, Suzie down a couple weeks ago.

I have a Penguin 300 still new in box from 6-7 years ago. Cartridges and bio-wheels brand new as is the box and lid. It looks like a took the u-tube out of the box but I should have an old one in one of my fish junk boxes. It's yours if you need/want it. Trade you for some grass starters once your tank is up and mature in a few months (if it works).

LMK
SteveU

SteveU

Last edited:
Thanks, Steve, but I honestly don't need any more fish stuff. Typical woman -- I find it really hard to pass up a good deal! And yes, I do buy extra shoes on sale, but they are always the same model of New Balance running shoes. ;)

When my grass gets established I'll me glad to give you a starter. I just found out my box was leaking and so they held everything, and the shipper was out of town so she couldn't get the issue handled. She is sending out a fresh batch Monday.

LOL!

Steve, my old boy is just big and old. Me and the vet haven't given up on him yet; he hasn't let me know that he is ready to go yet.

NP... hope the shipment works out and maybe I'll have something you want then.

SteveU

Well I guess I was the luck winner of the 125 setup. Yes it is really nice. I guess thats what I get for getting there first. There is still two large tanks. One was a 100 that she said she would let go for 399 included stand and top cover and I am sure she will throw in extras also. The other is a room diviedr tank - overflow is on the side so you have 3 sides to look at.. Real nice but to big for me and $$. There is alot of other smaller items like heaters, bulbs, pumps. She had some Sedra pumps, they are the big ones. She also has some little giant pumps. She said tomorrow she will be dropping prices on anything left. Still some good deals to be made. Well I got what I didnt need and will start enjoying it, once I get out of the dog house from my girlfriend. 3 Tanks and growing.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7492562#post7492562 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by badjuju
Well I guess I was the luck winner of the 125 setup. Yes it is really nice. I guess thats what I get for getting there first. There is still two large tanks. One was a 100 that she said she would let go for 399 included stand and top cover and I am sure she will throw in extras also. The other is a room diviedr tank - overflow is on the side so you have 3 sides to look at.. Real nice but to big for me and $$. There is alot of other smaller items like heaters, bulbs, pumps. She had some Sedra pumps, they are the big ones. She also has some little giant pumps. She said tomorrow she will be dropping prices on anything left. Still some good deals to be made. Well I got what I didnt need and will start enjoying it, once I get out of the dog house from my girlfriend. 3 Tanks and growing.

Was that the tank on the lawn, or the one in the garage?

I went today and bought all of her sumps. I got some great deals on them!

She has a bunch of 10 gallon tanks, new wisper filters, hamilton halide ballasts. skimmers, 250w halide bulbs power compact fixture, t5 fixtures, heaters pumps, nano cube 10 gal acrylic system with sump running with live rock flourescent bulbs, fish store specis seperator tanks, lots of stuff left for 5-20 bux...

Back