Frag swap?

Stylo328

Has the FMAS frag swap been rescheduled? Someone at work mentioned that there might be a frag swap this weekend, does anyone have any info?

Usually you will find coral (frags and colonies) along with used equipment at frag swaps. Sometimes fish, crabs, and new equipment. Great place to grow your collection and pick up deals.

Dont forget to haggle! haha

I found list of vendors going. Hope I can make it, im oncall again ) ;

Am really looking forward to seeing everyone again for the best looking frags in south Florida.
Wow it's next weekend.

Last edited:
I dont know if its just me but when I go to frag swaps I notice a lot of vendors dont put prices on anything. I hate having to grab the little stick and point and every single coral to ask for the price. I usually don't even stop at the tables that don't list prices. Maybe this is something vendors should change.

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm anti social or a fishing addict
But I didn't like the place to many people hanging around
Outrageous prices for the most part mecoral and the other guy next to him had good deals
And the people with the large zero edge tank infront was cool
I came and left quick went into the museum then bass pro

I have sold and bought at many frag swaps. Usually later in the day sellers are willing to take a lot less so they don't have to bring things back. Also you can always offer someone less then there asking price. The worst that can say is no.

This was not a frag swap, even though it was marketed as such. That being said, I was there early and there were some great deals, those went fast. My tank isn't set up yet, so I couldn't buy anything. I like frag swaps, I didn't like this one. All commercial, no hobbyists. This was a frag SHOW. If they're going to do this, it needs to be bigger. I think alot of people were disappointed in the size. Once you pay your $10 to get in, if you only bought 1 frag, you broke even. Luckily, I'm military so I got in free. I did find a small pump at the hardware guy on the end, and feel like I got a good deal.

It was too hot, too small and too crowded. Waited 10-15 minutes to even get to look at one guys offerings due to the large crowds around it. I did walk away with some decent zoa frags for 10 bucks each. My wife and I didn’t stay long, just not a comfortable venue.

I personally enjoyed the swap. I got some good deals and even better was the raffle at the end. Bought my daughter 20 worth of tickets and we ended up with a 25 gift certificates and a bunch of fish food definitely worth 2 times the cost of the tickets. Also, got to talk to the Boyd people and found out that they have now something even better than the Chem pure elite...it is the blue series. Since I have 150 gallon tank, now I need less. The heat etc was due to the large crowds which I think is a good thing as this means that now others will get more involved the next time and it might be an even bigger show.

What are you guys talking about? It was awesome!!! Well organized, great vendors, super cheap prices & the selection was unmatched. I came home with stuff I've been looking for forever, at super cheap prices. And there were plenty of hobbyists there. What has happened is that since FF&W have shown up at other swaps, hobbyists have been forced to get licenses to sell & one can't do that without a business license.

What are you guys talking about? It was awesome!!! Well organized, great vendors, super cheap prices & the selection was unmatched. I came home with stuff I've been looking for forever, at super cheap prices. And there were plenty of hobbyists there. What has happened is that since FF&W have shown up at other swaps, hobbyists have been forced to get licenses to sell & one can't do that without a business license.

I would have to agree! The turn out was great and there was a lot of stuff at good prices. The coral mafia guys (mark, Eric, and josh) we're killing it and had great/stuff and prices. Can't wait for the next one and I believe it will bee even bigger then this one!!!

I had a great time, Raffle wow! awesome. I even swap frags early with vendors, pick up some awesome frags. Who new that this event would turned out awesome. Great job.
just my 2 cents.

Florida Frag Swap was a great event, lots of great deals to be found and some super sick corals. Shoutout to Porko/MarkE/and Eric for throwing this on and also donating to my university's coral restoration project.

I saw prices listed on lot of vendor tables. Mostly on glass or had chips making a section.

It was fun event and it had crazy amount of people.

Back