Free Photoshop software?

miserkris

I wanna take some cool pics of corals for selling, trading... what's a free or cheap software for Photoshop?

Adobe Photoshop can't be got free can it?

I use my Samsung note 4 with orange filter.
Thx

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I can't tell if you are kidding, being sarcastic because of a terrible trading experience, or being serious about manipulating pictures of your coral for profit.

but yes photoshop is free all over the internet. Adobe encourages people to steal their hard work. I bet if you contact CS they will give you a link.

HTH

I assume the camera app on the Note 4 doesn't do the job? There are lots of other photography apps on the Play store for not much money. You might start by poking around there.

Adobe Photoshop is not (legally) available for free. The best deal for the real thing is probably the $10/mo subscription for "Creative Cloud Photography", which includes LightRoom and Photoshop. That's what many (probably a majority of) professional photographers use.

Adobe Photoshop Elements is $80 on Amazon. It has a pretty decent collection of functions, including the most commonly used functions in Photoshop.

I can't tell if you are kidding, being sarcastic because of a terrible trading experience, or being serious about manipulating pictures of your coral for profit.

but yes photoshop is free all over the internet. Adobe encourages people to steal their hard work. I bet if you contact CS they will give you a link.

HTH

I would guess he's serious, because a lot of people aren't familiar with the idea of using filters on their lenses to get accurate pictures of their corals under actinics. Perhaps instead of berating him with sarcasm, snark, and useless statements, why not offer him a suggestion that might help him?

To the OP- If you look in eBay, you can find packs of colored film to put over your lens on the camera, and it will help achieve better pictures, since I know a lot of people like to capture what the corals look like under the blues, but most cameras can't process it.

HTH

While you may not be able to tell if he is sarcastic or not, you certainly made it clear to everyone. What is the need for such snark? Many people on here use PS to color correct their photos. Go check out D2mini's threads, he uses PS to clean up and color correct his images. Its not all about using it to hype colors, maybe learn more about that before being such a jerk to others.

As for free PS, not legally, but I've used gimp in the past. There are a ton of plugins you can download for different features.

I'm not going to comment on the reasons for doing this or my opinion on it, but I use a program called GIMP for non coral things, it's free, has a lot of plug ins if you wish, and gets the job done.

HTH

I was serious... My cell pics loose quality that is naturally out there in my DT:headwallblue:

Just to touch up a bit LOL that's all. I do not have a DSLR that can zoom and manip pics (I guess using adobe?!)....like some do.

I was serious... My cell pics loose quality that is naturally out there in my DT:headwallblue:

Have you tried turning down the blue channel lights?
They will mess with a phones ability to pick up proper colors and even mess with focus.

Did you try GIMP yet?

one other thing i can suggest is a yellow bypass filter.

you see this in various forms, including mask covers for flouro-dives, but you can also buy yellow gel film off amazon. it's normally used for things like covering stage lights, but certain shades of it can help normalize some of the blues in our lights for the camera lens.

they also now sell some specific accessories for this, but a sheet of yellow gel film from amazon is probably going to be a lot cheaper.

basically things like these:

https://www.amazon.com/101-Yellow-Gel-Filter-Sheet/dp/B004GE19LK

Back