FS: Homemade Fish/Coral Food

Krazy

In Memoriam
I made up some food tonight and have 2 extra quart size bags up for grabs. I also have enough stuff to make another 2-3 bags if more are interested.. Most of the sea-food stuff is from the asian market, it's all been rinsed clean before blending :)

$12 each

Ingredents:

Squid, Cuttlefish, Octopus, Mussel, Scallops, Shrimp, Selcon, Zoe, Garlic Guard, Green Nori, Artic Pods, PE Mysis, Hikari Mysis, Formula 1&2 Flake, Prime Reef Flake, Brine Shrimp, Krill, Plankton, Cyclopeeze, Roti-Feast, Phyto-Feast.

My fish went nutty when I fed them this evening :)

I mixed it all in the blender so its mixed semi fine with some smaller sized chunks as well..

:cool:

hpim0903gr0.jpg

Rainer,

I'd say it does have about 30% of chunks, my tang was going nuts trying to catch them all :) My clown was able to swallow a couple as well :)

Rainer and Linda ,

How'd the food come out ??

I was thinking of doing another batch in a week or two...

Any do's or dont's to make it better ?

Maybe a tiny bit chunkier would be better for the tangs and foxface - but for the chromis, hawkfish, wrasse, clowns and cardinals it was perfect. They loved it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9942621#post9942621 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Linda C.
Maybe a tiny bit chunkier would be better for the tangs and foxface - but for the chromis, hawkfish, wrasse, clowns and cardinals it was perfect. They loved it.

I was thinking the same thing :)

If you just break a piece off and throw it in the tank without thawing it first, the tangs get the chunky effect and seem to like to pick from the piece as it thaws :)

Next batch I will do more chunks :)

Krazy,

actually the way it is works great for my tank, but, i will buy your next batch even if it is chunkier! My tank loves what you gave me - thank you tons! If you are making more and have some for sale, let me know - I'll be in!!!

Will do Rainer :)

I'll let you know :cool:

Dan : next time you stop over, remind me, I'll break you off some :)

Back