Gauging interest: mushrooms

I have a few more available if anyone is interested. I'll be around during the holiday weekend.
75e72933a2be1abf72a6a314423f70fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Scott for the awesome shrooms. They are doing fantastic and make all the other shrooms that I have envious.

For everyone who has not met Scott, he is definitely a stand up guy and a true reefer who genuinely cares about the hobby and sharing his passion. We definitely need more folks like him around. Especially since everything seems to be about $$$ nowadays.

With this in mind. I would like to make a proposal that we name these shrooms after him. The pictures posted before do not do these shrooms justice and I have attached one that I took with my iPhone that shows the texture and even the small lime-like pimple characteristics.

From what I have seen, the previously mentioned red-riding hood ones do not have this feature and if they are not named then sooner or later someone will give them some name. I would like Scotts generosity for sharing his corals to be attached to this coral that he has cared for over 10 years and the story. If Tyree, Jason Fox and countless others can do this, why not here? It can be Scotts Blue Lava or Scotts Inferno (the colors and texture reminds me of an inferno). Tell me what you think and I can make a poll in a day or two and we can decide.

EcTbdfal.jpg

Here's a picture of one of mine. It's like 3.5-4" in diameter. This is from Oct it's grown much bigger.

fc5855d4c524864038ebff983bf14ce7.jpg

Thanks Scott for the awesome shrooms. They are doing fantastic and make all the other shrooms that I have envious.

For everyone who has not met Scott, he is definitely a stand up guy and a true reefer who genuinely cares about the hobby and sharing his passion. We definitely need more folks like him around. Especially since everything seems to be about $$$ nowadays.

With this in mind. I would like to make a proposal that we name these shrooms after him. The pictures posted before do not do these shrooms justice and I have attached one that I took with my iPhone that shows the texture and even the small lime-like pimple characteristics.

From what I have seen, the previously mentioned red-riding hood ones do not have this feature and if they are not named then sooner or later someone will give them some name. I would like Scotts generosity for sharing his corals to be attached to this coral that he has cared for over 10 years and the story. If Tyree, Jason Fox and countless others can do this, why not here? It can be Scotts Blue Lava or Scotts Inferno (the colors and texture reminds me of an inferno). Tell me what you think and I can make a poll in a day or two and we can decide.

EcTbdfal.jpg

How about Trojan Horse Discosoma

Gauging interest: mushrooms

Scott

I will take a couple of mushrooms if you still have anymore.

Charles

Hey there Scott.

If you do have a shroom avail pls let me know. I live in Whittier but am in San Juan Capistrano/Dana point this weekend with the fam and would love to stop by if you have any avail. Thank you

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Sorry, was really busy this weekend. I replied to a few PM's via text, but didn't get responses. I'll have a few mushrooms this weekend if anyone still wants one.

Hi all,

While re-aquascaping my tank, and that's still a project that isn't done.... I found a rock with more mushrooms. Shows how much I paid attention to these guys over the years. I have quite a few for sale, so if anyone would like a frag, let me know. I've not been on the site for most of the holidays, and was fighting the flu as well. I've tried to keep up with requests via Tapatalk and text as they come in. I know there are a couple people I've been texting and have tentative plans to meet with.

Anyway, the response has been cool, and "Scotts Trojan Horse Discoma" was a cool tribute too, so it's been fun! :) I even heard one popped up on another site for sale. So if anyone still wants, let me know.

Back