Genicanthus personatus captive bred

This was a great story. Congrats Karen. What a great gesture by Rufus. I was glad I got to hear the talk.

Hopefully there will be more of these fish to come in the future along with other species and stories.

+1

Rufus's presentation was one of my favorites from MACNA this year (I hope to get certified on a rebreather someday). For someone who had no experience with public speaking, he did a fantastic job. The part about the G. personatus breeding was the icing on the cake.

Wow you really are something else Karen! I'm so thrilled to read about this news. Phenomenal work by Rufus and his crew out there in Hawaii as well. Looking forward to seeing what this project does in the future.

So....Wayne....have you given any thought to the tank set-up your lucky personatus will be going into?

I can't even think of the amount of scribbled fish lists and tank set-up notes I'd make in preparation for one of these little fish. Can't wait to hear more. Congrats on winning the raffle!

Wayne, what is your timeline? when is she coming?
seems like she might be a few months away??

They are so freakin cute! no. GORGEOUS. I'm going to start praying every night for a high paying job to afford them when they become available :)

So....Wayne....have you given any thought to the tank set-up your lucky personatus will be going into?

I can't even think of the amount of scribbled fish lists and tank set-up notes I'd make in preparation for one of these little fish. Can't wait to hear more. Congrats on winning the raffle!

I'll probably keep the Personatus in a 40 breeder plumbed into my system. Then I'll most likely move it into a larger tank and slowly introduce my other fish to it.

Wayne, what is your timeline? when is she coming?
seems like she might be a few months away??

Yeah, I've been speculating the completion date of my new tank month after month but there's always been a delay. I guess if all goes well, I might have my tank together by the end of this month, then about 6 weeks of cycling and then we'll see.

The good news is that I have about 150 gallons running right now so adding about another 350g shouldn't be too much of a change.

Yeah, I've been speculating the completion date of my new tank month after month but there's always been a delay, I guess if all goes well, I might have my tank together by the end of this month, the about 6 weeks of cycling and then we'll see.

The good news is that I have about 150 gallons running right now so adding about another 350g shouldn't be too much of a change.

gonna be a nice sized fish by then!

You think? My baby clarion is growing very slowly. Plus I kind of want it that way. I don't have the balls to get them so small like you!

They were around the size of a nickel and now they are closer to a quarter..pretty good growth for 2.5 months!

They were around the size of a nickel and now they are closer to a quarter..pretty good growth for 2.5 months!

Well, that's kind of good news for me. I was thinking of just putting it directly into my DT once they were acclimated so that it can get used to the tank first and be the dominate fish. I was worried that if it was too small, that it get sucked through the overflow!

carpet surfing with any fish is heartbreaking...when it happens with one that costs 5 figures, it is devastating...

Unless you have spent the money and have came home to see it, you can't fathom it... Not the same when the fish cost a couple hundred... So Ted please tell me your QT is covered

Back