Genicanthus personatus captive bred

did Rufus tell much about the original pair at MACNA..?..would love to hear some stories behind their catch..

did Rufus tell much about the original pair at MACNA..?..would love to hear some stories behind their catch..

He did! I watched his presentation, and I will say it was my favorite. From what I remember a friend of his had found the pair and over a period of a few months kept seeing them every time he dove a certain spot. He told Rufus about his discovery and Rufus told him the next time you want to pay your rent to let him know and they would go get them. The rest is history, he even showed a short video of their capture! This presentation made my whole trip to Macna worth it! I am not a avid fish collector mainly due to the expense, but when highly exotic fish can be captive bred it will hopefully impact the market and eventually make them affordable for all!

Incredible! Simply a wonderful story and awesome news. Best wishes to the success of the personatus project! LRS seems to be a great food and has had nothing but great reviews. I think I might have to start feeding some myself lol.

Wow congrats Wayne on winning the Personatus. And thank you for introducing me to Rufus. Rufus came to our room last night and say down with a few of us for over an hour sharing his incredible stories. I even got a pic with him.
9d92e4ced9a69d91e8ab693ab6b3ec45.jpg

Thank you everyone! I'm still in shock. The reality of having such a rare (and expensive!) fish is finally hitting me. Thank you Rufus for offering one of your babies to be had for such a reasonable price(understatement of the year) and it was very admirable that all the proceeds from the raffle will be going to your high school's marine program. They must be very proud of you.

Now, hopefully I can get my new tank soon so I can get this baby! Actually on second thought, I'm not in that much of a rush. I feel much better and safer knowing that Karen is taking care of it!

Thank you everyone! I'm still in shock. The reality of having such a rare (and expensive!) fish is finally hitting me. Thank you Rufus for offering one of your babies to be had for such a reasonable price(understatement of the year) and it was very admirable that all the proceeds from the raffle will be going to your high school's marine program. They must be very proud of you.

Now, hopefully I can get my new tank soon so I can get this baby! Actually on second thought, I'm not in that much of a rush. I feel much better and safer knowing that Karen is taking care of it!

Killer, so stoked you got her!

This was a great story. Congrats Karen. What a great gesture by Rufus. I was glad I got to hear the talk.

Hopefully there will be more of these fish to come in the future along with other species and stories.

Back