Giesemann Lighting Club.

Are you going to run the T-5's the same time as the MH, the go to bulb is the Phoniex 14K that is what I got and was bummed because it was too yellow. So if you get that bulb I would get all Blue +'s.

Congrats, I thought that you had a Spectra before, did you sell it?

I was never able to get my hands on one. Coral vue is brutal to deal with. Took me six years to get this light. I'm not going to go on a rant about my experienceS with that company, but I just found out that I could get it direct so I immediately bought it

Nah I just got the reg. Can you get it with dimmable? 60"? I'll ask

Yes if ordered direct from Giesemann you can get dimmable T5 ballasts and other options installed,also you should be getting a step up converter to run 120v to 230v ballasts and yes Coralvue sucks for there service I hope they handle Philips Coral Care better.

Yes if ordered direct from Giesemann you can get dimmable T5 ballasts and other options installed,also you should be getting a step up converter to run 120v to 230v ballasts and yes Coralvue sucks for there service I hope they handle Philips Coral Care better.

120v to 230v ballasts?
I emailed them and asked them about the dimmable ballasts. Just waiting for a reply

I'm sorry I don't know what that is still. What does it do? Does it run the T5's? And give you the ability to dim them?

Europe run's on 230v/50hz and North America run's on 120v/60hz.

Spectra's are wired up to come with external ballast boxes regardless if being sold in Europe or North America.When bought direct from Giesemann it will come with a 230v ballast just for the MH's because Europe no longer mfg's 120v MH ballasts.

So to run something that requires 230v but you only have 120v from your wall outlet you would use what's called a 'step-up / step-down transformer or converter, it's a voltage booster or regulator.

Europe run's on 230v/50hz and North America run's on 120v/60hz.

Spectra's are wired up to come with external ballast boxes regardless if being sold in Europe or North America.When bought direct from Giesemann it will come with a 230v ballast just for the MH's because Europe no longer mfg's 120v MH ballasts.

So to run something that requires 230v but you only have 120v from your wall outlet you would use what's called a 'step-up / step-down transformer or converter, it's a voltage booster or regulator.

oh ok i took care of that! they're good to go they said to be completely american

oh ok i took care of that! they're good to go they said to be completely american

I realized you ordered the Spectra which will not come with MH ballast for the North American version you will need to purchase them and if your going to run 250w bulbs I recommend Hamilton M80 ballast.

I realized you ordered the Spectra which will not come with MH ballast for the North American version you will need to purchase them and if your going to run 250w bulbs I recommend Hamilton M80 ballast.

I have M80 ballasts Already and they come with the wire connectors

I've got 36 wide x 18 wide x 21 deep, mixed reef tank with a couple of SPS. Does anyone think that a 250 watt 24" Infiniti would get me the spread that I need to cover the tank or will it will be too small.

For a 30 inch deep tank am I better of with 250w or 400w 20k radiums?

Also, with the spectra, how muted is the shimmer? Do they T5s lessen the shimmer alot or just a little?

Back