Giesemann Lighting Club.

Just joined the club as well. 24inch Infiniti fixture; 150wt MH and 4x T5. Should work great over my Elos System 70.

Does anyone have any info on if and when there will be an update for the Giesemann app? My android phone software got updated and will no longer connect to the light.

so I decided to mount my Infiniti 250w with Megachrome Crystal and Super Actinics in my wood canopy instead of hanging it over my tank will post pics shortly

When I checked BRS they had like 3 or four of the 24". The longer ones once they cut the price in half they went like hot cakes. Start checking the for sale forums?

Hello All,

I have a 48" Giesemann Aurora. I bought it from a scratch/dent sale BRS had about a year ago. I just got around to setting it up on my tank! I love the build and look of the fixture BUT I have an issue with the LED's In mine and was wondering if anyone here had any ideas/troubleshooting steps or experienced it themselves..

My Royal Blue channel on the LED's is not the same color across the fixture. 1 Led cluster is royal blue, the other 2 clusters emit a different shade of blue, almost as if the driver isnt sending the correct current to them. It is impossible to get in photographs, but picture the Marine blue channel on 2 pucks, and the royal blue channel on the 3rd.

It is noticeable even with all channels on and t5's. I have contacted giesemann and they have let me know they have no idea how/why this would happen, but I can purchase replacement LED clusters at $160 per and the control board for $120. It would cost me $600+ to get 3 new clusters and the control board.

Do you guys have any ideas of things I can try before just throwing cash at the problem?

I would like to get my hands on a white, gloss black, or silver 72" spectra. Anyone know where I can get one? No one seems to sell them anymore

Last edited:
Perfect timing. I already emailed them. I wanted to know the specifics of what it comes with and delivery time. I also need to know what kind of ballast plugs they come with. Apperently they ship with bulbs too. Anyway I emailed them 3 hours ago so I'll probably get an email while I'm sleeping

the Spectras allows you to pick voltage and comes with an outboard ballast so it will come with the right plug...the Infiniti ballast is mounted in the fixture and the fact they come will the bulbs is a good deal.

the Spectras allows you to pick voltage and comes with an outboard ballast so it will come with the right plug...the Infiniti ballast is mounted in the fixture and the fact they come will the bulbs is a good deal.

You don't get to pick the bulbs apperently it all comes with mega Chrome. Secondly it doesn't ship with ballasts. Thirdly (I don't follow what outboard ballasts means

You don't get to pick the bulbs apperently it all comes with mega Chrome. Secondly it doesn't ship with ballasts. Thirdly (I don't follow what outboard ballasts means

I know the Infiniti comes with all the ballast just 230v

I run nothing but Giesmann or BLV bulbs I currently went from Megachrome Crystal 17,500k to Megachrome Blue 21,000k love it better than a Radium and longer life.

Finally joined the club! 48" Infinity for my 120gallon setup!

Anyone have any recommendations for bulbs for a SPS dominant tank?

Back