Going LED to T5. Grass is greener on the other side?

Fixture is up and running. I'm happy I went with a 3ft fixture. My tank still needs some work. I literally dumped the Rock and corals from temporary nano holding tank in it without much effort to aquascape.

Last edited:
Time to invest in a set of ecotech frag kit! you are going to be busy chopping soon with these lights!

Here's a video. It looks more blue than it actually is.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iiwnGbkxKaY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm going to order the same ati sunpower fixture some time next month. What bulbs did you throw into your 6 banger ati?

Last edited:
This is why I went with a T5 fixture.

Hi. It's been close to a month now and I am wondering if you are still happy with your switch to T5.
I also have 2 kessils a360we on a 5ft tank and will be changing to the giesemann matrixx II dimtec with only T5.
Like your fixture as well

I'm running a 6 bulb ATI Sunpower with two radions. I tell you the radions are sure sweet with the dusk to dawn and shimmer. Add in 6 t5 bulbs now the sky's the limit.

Hi. It's been close to a month now and I am wondering if you are still happy with your switch to T5.
I also have 2 kessils a360we on a 5ft tank and will be changing to the giesemann matrixx II dimtec with only T5.
Like your fixture as well

I think you'll be happy and most importantly your corals are going to be happy. 2 Kessil A360s on a 5ft tank though is probably not enough coverage. So in your case even a 4ft fixture is an upgrade. I ran a 3ft ATI light on a 4ft tank. And before that I had 2 Kessil A360Ws over it. That was barely enough.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VRMsI3N589M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thank you for sharing your experience. The youtube is not visible, but found something else on your channel. Looks very good. Did you use any procedure to get your corals get used to the T5's? 6 bulbs is much higher par value and I and afraid to scare and kill them when changing to the new light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back