Good pellets for tangs?

Mix of NLS marine and NLS Algae max pellets is what I feed 4 times a day along with several sheets of air dried nori and 2-3 feedings of some chopped up meaty foods.

It's actually hard to find a pellet that lists an algae as the first ingredient. The NLS Algae Max pellet does.

Ultra Soft Spirulina pellets from Fauna Marin has been one of my favorites but these pellets being soft I havnt had much success with the pellet in automatic feeders. (might be human error) NLS is another go to good mix tends to keep all my fish fat!

Give the saki hikari pellets a try with the probiotics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NLS pellets, regular marine diet and algae max mixed. I buy a big tub of both and mix them together. I also feed seachem marine flake, NLS reef frenzy, reef chili, and PE mysis, on alternating days. I believe in a diverse diet just like we need.

I find the sinking pellets sink better if I "throw" them onto the water instead of just "dropping" them(use a little force to break the surface tension).

I use formula 2, keeps the tangs fat. I used to mix in nils but haven't for about a year. No difference. Mysis and chopped shrimp I really do about once a week.

keep in mind just becuase the fish eat it and they are fat (hopefully not to fat) doesn't mean the food is good for them. Having a whole food listed first is much better. Same for my other pets. My cat and dog I'm sure would eat chow mix and would become fat but it's not good for them.

I'm with you Mark Been feeding them flake in the morning and a frozen clam in the evening But I bought a small bag of Ken's Premium Catfish Pellets last time for my Plecos. Tossed in a few just to see what would happen All my Tangs gobbled them right up. So now I toss them a few just randomly and they love it.

I ended up ordering some NLS Algae max pellets. Not here yet so we shall see. My purple had finally started swimming out in the open and picking. Today is Sunday which means shrimp for the fish and a cigar for me.

Back