Great experience at Mas Frags

kirkaz

Jade
With the completion of my 2 large tanks, I told the guy that built them I needed to get a bunch of frags for the mixed reef. He told me about Mas Frags. He did warn me, the place is far from fancy and basically a one man show. Mikey has been great there on my visits. First time I got a bunch of softies and a few Acans. I liked the Acans so much, next trip in I asked him what $400 worth of Acans would get me. He put together 13 frags of beautiful assorted stuff, really pleased with it.

This week, he was also able to get a TRUE Hawaiian Black Trigger, not an easy find, for my FOWLR.

Sometimes you have to kind of hustle him a bit, he can get a bit slow, but Mikey has a fantastic assortment of corals at great prices and can readily get fish. He provides great service and loyalty rewards.

I have been quite pleased, just curious if others have been in.

+1 to OP, Mikey is a great guy. Sold me some sand and live rock last year on the cheap when I was just getting into the hobby!

Great frags too :D

I got a few nice items there recently.

Lots of nice LPS, but lots of them seemed over priced to me. I would rather have a more structured pricing system that having to ask about every piece.

Hope they were nice acans cuz that's close to 31$ a frag!! Sounds like a nice place though

**Poor Because of Coral **

Some small, but about half with 15-25 heads....Maybe my using "frag" not the best term.

I got a few nice items there recently.

Lots of nice LPS, but lots of them seemed over priced to me. I would rather have a more structured pricing system that having to ask about every piece.

Agree with that, he needs to organize things a lot better.

I stopped by his place on my way home from work and he was closed with a sign saying "Mas Frags closed until further notice"

I have been there a few times and liked his corals.

Anyone know what is up?

I stopped by his place on my way home from work and he was closed with a sign saying "Mas Frags closed until further notice"

Anyone know what is up?

It can be tough to run a LFS in this valley.

Anyone know what is up?

This is posted on his local FB page (dated 5/16):

Mas Frags is closed this weekend. If need anything please TEXT ME THEN TRY PM NEXT 602-319-7411 as I can meet you at the store for any of your needs. Thanks for understanding.
I will most likely be there most of the weekend rearranging so if you not see any signs on or my truck out front please don't be discouraged text or call or beat on the door. Just don't mind the mess as I'm trying to do some improvements in the building

Of course, it isn't the weekend yet. Let's hope this is temporary... I've heard great things about them, and just haven't gotten out there yet

I've been to Mas Frags a number of times. Mikey is a nice guy. He does have some serious back issues. He broke his back a number of years ago. He continues to have ongoing issues. I have texted him and he is pretty quick to respond. If he is at the shop he will open it for you.

He also had a water leak in the roof this past January and it flooded some of his tanks and shop. Last time I was there he was talking about moving stuff around.

Back