Gulf Shores AL Collecting

jmcdaniel0

* I moved this from the General Discussion Forum)

Hey guys, I am not really sure where this needs to be.

I own a house in Gulf Shores, out on Ft Morgan road, right near the Ferry. I am seriously considering putting on my mask and collecting some crabs, and anything else cool, I might find out here. I am aware of the laws and regulations concerning fish and coral. I do not intend on taking anything that is protected. Mainly snails and hermits and such. Anyone know of a good place to go to do this? Also, Any good spots to take the kids to walk around tide pools? I used to frequently dive the artificial reefs, if you havent been out to the lulu you should check it out. However, I ruptured my ear drum recently, and diving is a no go right now. I would just be messing around in water 10ft or less.

I would love your all suggestions.

Mods if im in the wrong place, feel free to punt the thread where it needs to be.

The rocks on the Jetty near the ferry are covered with snails, crabs etc etc. I know those wont be a problem.

I am back in TN right now, Once I get back down there, Im going to set up a small QT tank so I can house my collections, before I bring back with me to TN.

I set up a 65g shallow reef tank (4'x2'x14") and keep a variety of things we find on the beach (Gulf of Mexico) after a storm or that we collect in the Florida Keys.

Back