Has anyone try out: NOSICKFISH product

DEXTER SOLIS

hi all,
im inquiring about the "Ich" medcation in particular.
Ihave read Bills Post, just wanted to see if people have anything to say about this product.

thanks!:confused:

ick no mo

ick no mo

run with a garlic enhancement to make both those finicky fish feed and those sick fish heal... how bout that!!

I have been at war with ich for a while now. I've been feeding garlic and it went away for a month. Then I took a fish out of qt, put him in the display and the ich came back. I Read up on every "reef safe" ich medication and found that kick-ich had the best probability of working w/o killing and of my corals or invverts. I tried it, ich went away, then came back again. Finally I went out and bought a 55gal to set up as a qt, ripped apart my tank and now I have all of my fish in qt. I learned the hard way that the only method that you are guaranteed to get rid of ich is to qt all fish treat with hypo and/or copper and leave display fallow for 8 weeks.

Dex,
If you're going to win the fight against ICH, you're going to have to understand how it works.
The lifecycle of the parisite makes it appear to have disappeared, and come back. In reality, it never went anywhere. It's possible that garlic has an effect on ICH, but we don't know enough about that yet to really make any claims about it being the natural answer to ICH.
Here's some good factual reading for you, but be prepared, it's not necessarily going to tell you what you want to hear.

[ich]

thanks,
i spent time reading through allot of Bills post too. Just wanted some first hand feedback from folks who might have used the product.

Pierce, I spoke to Warr about it too. Are you State Side now?

I decided to be one of the first few guinea pigs. So here we go:

System is a 120 Reef, & 180 FOWLR 1-2" Sand bed. Has been up and runnig for <>2 months and is connected to 1 Sump. Since the instructions are to turn are means of filtration, its no longer relevant to mention those equipment.

I have about 300 lbs of Rock, mostly Fiji that was Sun dried and let to take on life in my system via the seeding method.

The inhabitants thats showing signs of Ick:
1 Moorish Idol (he seems to be the worst striken)
1 Velvet But.

Inhabitants that are simply scratching themselves against rocks and substrates, but no spots I can see:
1 Lineatus Wrasse
1 Mystery Wrasse
1 Solar fairy Wrasse
1 Pink Tail trigger

Inhabitants not showing any signs:
3 Dispar Anthias
1 Sunburst Anthias
1 Purple Fire Fish
1 Rainfordis' Goby
2 Potter's Angels
1 Blue Face Angel
1 Regal Angel
1 Skunk Clown
1 Fireball (African) Angel

Inverts Are:
your run of the mill snails, hermt crabs, 5 Cleaner Shrimps, 2 Fire Shrimps, 1 Star Fish, 1 Crocea Clam. A few zoos and some leaher corals.

The product states 99% reef safe, no other claims are stated. So I guess if only 1 % of my live stock dies the product actually delivers ...j/k

will post as time goes on.....7 day dosing process, and possibly 3 weeks if pushed by ick.

I wish you the best of luck, Dex. I honestly don't expect you to be happy with the results, but I am a cynic, and have trouble believing anything that claims to be a miracle cure.

like the product says......99% reef safe, didnt say 99% cures ick. still I had to try and report my results, so other may benefit from it.

thanks Larry, the link was helpfull, cant believe I havent read anyone try mass volume of water change, it sounds the most less stressfull for the tank inhabitants, and natural.

today was second dosing, noted:

Moorish Idol frequently goes to Cleaner Shrimps, and Black Velvet seems to follow.

everyone is eating well, and Im feeding with New Life Spectrun Pellets and flakes, frozen mysis, Formula 1 &2 soaked in garlic and selcon, hoping to boost imune system. No irratic behavior, heavy breathing noticed in any fish yet. Scratching on substrates seems to have decreased...

Water changes won't do it, Dex. They'd probably make it worse. Every time you do a water change, even if you're improving conditions, the difference in params can cause stress. Stress makes ICH worse, there is no debate on that one.
Keep in mind that if this stuff is what I expect, and it does nothing to help your fish (as I expect), your fish will be worse off than they are now when you finish the treatment.
I would try to put the fish in a hypo hospital tank and try to save them without risking your reef, and forget about the "test"

what do you think about this scenario.

treating the entire system with Hypo, hoping to wipe out all parasites,and try to grab as much inverts and get all corals out?

Day # 3 using NSF Ick medicine:

Moorish Idol has less spots, and eye blurriness has gone down.
Black velvet Angel has less spots. Bothe still frequent the cleaner Shrimps. i think I notice less scratching in general.

The crew are still eating like pigs, but i decided to increase New Life Spectrum flakes & pellets, Nori soaked in garlic, and cut down o frozen. Reason being I think it polutes the water more, and New Life seems to offer better nutrition to boost immune system. if I can only find a way so that the pellets dont just go all over the tanks substrates & rocks.

Side Coments:
NSF did not indicate how big the bottle was, until you recieve this little thing in the mail. Since they advocate treating systems morethan 1 week periods, I might be stuck with buying two more bottles.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8069304#post8069304 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DEXTER SOLIS
what do you think about this scenario.

treating the entire system with Hypo, hoping to wipe out all parasites,and try to grab as much inverts and get all corals out?

Hypo salinity will kill your live rock, as well as inverts and parasites.

Hypo does not always work either.
I was one of those rare cases. Performed hypo at 1.009 the first time for 38 days and parasite came back, even found a mantis still alive in a piece of live rock.

Performed a 2nd hypo @ 1.007 for 43 days and well, it came back.

(Yes, I use a calibrated refracto and double check with a calibrated salinity monitor)

Tank is fallow now :(

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8082306#post8082306 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pecan2phat
Hypo does not always work either.
I was one of those rare cases. Performed hypo at 1.009 the first time for 38 days and parasite came back, even found a mantis still alive in a piece of live rock.

Performed a 2nd hypo @ 1.007 for 43 days and well, it came back.

(Yes, I use a calibrated refracto and double check with a calibrated salinity monitor)

Tank is fallow now :(

Warr, when you did Hypo did you add any fish ater, and then saw Ick come back?

Larry, wouldnt that be the ultimate goal, to irradicate everything and start fresh. Treating the fish only would mean exposing them again when placed back in the display tanks?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8082174#post8082174 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DgenR8
Hypo salinity will kill your live rock, as well as inverts and parasites.

I was planning as back up: remove all inverts/corals as much as I can an treat everything with hypo. starting fresh with no good and bad life...

thanks for your patience guys.

Back