Has anyone try out: NOSICKFISH product

Why not set up a quick QT tank for the hypo? Do a huge water change in your main tank, and use that water for the QT to minimize cycling along with AC110 or some other hang on filter. Instead of removing all your LR,corals and inverts from the main tank, a cheap 50g QT would be a better idea IMO.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8085977#post8085977 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kigs
Why not set up a quick QT tank for the hypo? Do a huge water change in your main tank, and use that water for the QT to minimize cycling along with AC110 or some other hang on filter. Instead of removing all your LR,corals and inverts from the main tank, a cheap 50g QT would be a better idea IMO.

wouldnt that still leave the Ich parasites in the display tank? owever, I was planning on removing inverts/corals and housing them in a temp. tank.

well no, if there is no host(fish) for the ICH parasite, they will starve to death in time while you QT your fish in the other tank.

5-6 day into NSF trial:

No significant changes noted. Moorish Idol seems to be worsening, and other fishes starting to show white speks on the fins. No heavy breathing noticed on any of the inhabitants.

Preparing to go Hypo, and also the influx of "I TOLD YOU SO!" to begin.

Kigs, I dont think a 50g tank will hold all my aquatic friends, without risk of stress from overcrowding, it might hold my inverts and corals though. Plus:
Easier to collect inverts and corals.
Smaller tank required, (this will be a mojor plus for the wifey)
Treating the parasite in the main tank is the major thing i want to accomplish.

Last Day of treating, this is a SAD day. Casualties:
Moorish Idol, Potter's Angel, Kole Tang, Blue Ring Angel (juvenile).

initiating Hypo, today. Turning on all filtration system.

NOSICKFISH, alldeadfish

Bummer Dex :(

Might want to consider only performing hypo on the 180g. You would need to disengage the central filtration and run some temporary flow and filtration off the back of the 180. You can then transfer all fishinto the 180 while leaving the corals and inverts in the 120g running fallow.
This would give you a "place" to house your inverts and corals while being biologically stable. You would continue to run your skimmer, media, etc off the sump on this tank.
It is possible to isolate the 180 "only" if you had planned well during setup and installed ball valves on all drains and return lines.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8103041#post8103041 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pecan2phat
Bummer Dex :(

Might want to consider only performing hypo on the 180g. You would need to disengage the central filtration and run some temporary flow and filtration off the back of the 180. You can then transfer all fishinto the 180 while leaving the corals and inverts in the 120g running fallow.
This would give you a "place" to house your inverts and corals while being biologically stable. You would continue to run your skimmer, media, etc off the sump on this tank.
It is possible to isolate the 180 "only" if you had planned well during setup and installed ball valves on all drains and return lines.

plan was to try a get as much inverts, and take what small corlas I have to a holding tank, and Hypo everything. this experience should be enough to teach me, and a few others to try to resist the temptation on not using QT. I believe the body count is still on the rise untill I get the water in the right parameters for Hypo, and kill all parasites.

thanks for all the senitments guys. :(

this system will be up again in about 6-8 weeks.:strooper:

As of today I lost:
1 moorish Idol
1 Kole tang
1 Regal Angel ( not to sad about this one)
2 Potter's Anges
1 Blue Ring Angel
1 Coral Beauty
1 Black Velvet

NOSICKFISH did not deliver the goods. No, I did not continue the treatment, I couldnt stand to see another dead fish. I started lowering Salinity, closely monitoring PH & temp bothe stable @ 8.24 & 78 deg. My salinity when I started was 1.023 took me about 3-4 days to grdually lower it to 1.013, tonight I should hit 1.009. I would say I was able to place 90% of inverts and all corals in a 50 gal tank. I see better looking fish as of today, hoping the rest will pull through.

Side Note:
NSF will most probably say I didnt do the entire 2-3 week cycle, or maybe I have a "new strain" of Ich that the product was not tested on. I just wished they had told me :
1. How much water volune was treatable in one $50 bottle. And that it was actually a total of Three weeks to treat.
2. If I can get rich in discovering a "new strain of ich"

Wow sorry to read about your loss. I have been doing this for years and have tried everything under the sun to cure ich. I have a collection of snake oil.
I also have enough garlic treatment to keep away 100 vampires.

Feed your fish good no major temp swings good water quality are the best ways of handling it.

No stress on the system also helps alot. good luck,
Save your money on the quick fix antidotes.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8124363#post8124363 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jay4Robin

I also have enough garlic treatment to keep away 100 vampires.

my wife thinks Iam starting to get hooked on Italian cooking everytime feeding time comes, but the smell isnt coming from the kitchen:rollface:

Take it slow. Stick to the basics and you would be amazed how easy it can be. If your going to have a reef tank do not even think of short cuts. I have never found one.

Boil up some pasta and use the garlic with some basil. Make a nice sauce with it.:lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8123920#post8123920 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DEXTER SOLIS
Side Note:
NSF will most probably say I didnt do the entire 2-3 week cycle, or maybe I have a "new strain" of Ich that the product was not tested on.

That's what I'd expect also. Same sort of excuses I've seen with other such so called "reef safe remedies".

Back