Hello Fellow Wyomingnites

I live in WY. Tanks a 10 gallon I use to quarantine corals and house my female green mandarin in. A 65 mixed aquarium from Red Sea. And a 140 display tank with a emerald sump.

Bump....

Shelley

awesome, my mother and brother live up there. I just read that the lifted the ban to allow chickens in city limits.. hope you like getting an early morning alarm... :)

I believe it is only for hens. I have a husband who feeds the birds. I love waking to their chirping. I think I will pass on the roosters though. I see you received ROTM. Congratulations. Where do you live now? Does your mother or brother share our hobby?

Shelley

I'm back in Cheyenne. we moved back from California last year.

I was the second recipient of ROTM, it was a great honor.

As for the my mother and brother, they enjoy looking at the tank but that's the extent of their passion.

I'm back in Cheyenne. we moved back from California last year.

I was the second recipient of ROTM, it was a great honor.

As for the my mother and brother, they enjoy looking at the tank but that's the extent of their passion.

I drive through Cheyenne on my way to Fort Collins or Denver at times. We may have to meet sometime. I would love to see your tank. I and my husband are mostly into peaceful fish. Mandarins are a favorite of mine. :beer: I also have a friend in Cheyenne that we stop and have a meal with.:fish2:

Shelley

So they never remove ROTM from your header? That is neat. I cannot even post a picture. We arecycling our new aquarium now. Not sure how we are going to arrange the rock work. I am sure I will not be winning any ROTM award even if I could post photos! But my garden beds could.

Is your mother going to be getting some chickens? I hope if they have dogs they are aware of the increased rattle snake activity this year.

If you know of any good LFS (Denver, Fort Collins or there about) let us know.

Shelley

No they aren't going to get any chickens... I can't imagine her having any anyway.

Aquascaping is always fun. the hard part for me was to leave well enough alone, I would try to tweak a piece and the whole structure becomes weak.

Posting pictures requires you to have an online photo account with some one like photo bucket, that way you can upload them to photobucket and just copy and paste the link in your post. It sounds complicated but it's really not.

To tell you the truth, I have been spoiled by living in California. Which means it's extremely difficult to pay the prices I see for fish and coral. Everything that I have in my tank was from friends sending them to me for the west coast.

LOL, I do the same thing with my rocks. I just can't leave well enough alone! :p You are fortunate to have such good friends. :bounce3:

Well I might have to see if I have anything worth trading if you are game. As you know it is really difficult for myself to get anything. If you are into yard scaping (I made that up) I might have things you could be interested in. :lolspin:

But if you do think of some good stores let me know. I have a week off in August and will probably do a day trip to Denver. At least to Fort Collins anyways. Alpine Koi is my favorite stop in Fort Collins. :fish1:

Shelley

There's a couple in fort Collins, but again....

umm, there's a guy in Greeley named Josh, he has a coral farm called jgonz. I believe he's still around. I reached out to him when I got back but didn't get too much of a response except that he's still in business.

You and your husband are welcome to stop by, however there's not much to look at due to the lack of interest I have put into my tank since summer has started.

My fish are suffering a serious bout of ick at the moment. And I don't think that most of them will make it through.

Chlorquin phosphate works miracles on ick... but you'd still have to move them out of a reef tank..inverts can't handle it. When my tank was new I dosed my display, powder blue tang had it bad.. he lived, he is fat and happy now(4 months later). my bro lives in WY.

Mishri I may just have to buy some and keep it on hand. You just never know. I quarantine, but that does not mean I want to lose those in quarantine either. I am cycling a 140, and turning my older RedSea 65 gallon into a species specific for seahorses. Where does your brother live?

Shelley

Jimmy how are the fish? Are they in quarantine? What treatment if any are you trying? I would love to visit. But will wait until your interest has reversed course again. Mine often does that during our short summer. You are welcome to stop by when you visit Casper also. Did I mention we have 4 small dogs and a cat? You could give some coral suggestions also.

Shelley

Back