Hello, Geezer coming back to this forum. Paul B

I just came back from bringing my wife to her PT place so of course I had to go to my favorite LFS. I got three fish.

I got another one of these little bleenies. (or gobies)

Another Hectors Gobi. Now I think I have 6 of them

and a small watchman gobi.

7 hermit crabs and a cowry snail. All for $40.00. :D

Nothing earth shattering happened on my morning walk but it was very cold and windy.

Walking with scarf.JPG

Small Gobi.JPG

Now I really have way too many fish and just for my own knowledge I am going to try to count them.

2 Six Line wrasses.
2 Fire Clowns
6 Hector Gobies
1 Tomini Tang
3 File fish
1 Hippo Tang
1 Red Hawkfish
4 Pipefish
2 Sunburst Anthius
1 Black something (I forget)
2 WATCHMAN gbies
1 Cardinal
1 Perchlet
1 Long Nose Hawkfish.
2 small gobies or bleenies
1 Purple Psudo
2 Mandarins
2 Ruby Red dragonettes
1 Possum Wrasse
1 Red something
Twin Spot Gobi

38 fish. There are probably a couple that I forgot but thats close. All of them except one of the filefish, one fireclown and the hippo tang are very small.

Last edited:
View attachment 32381792
Now I really have way too many fish and just for my own knowledge I am going to try to count them.

2 Six Line wrasses.
2 Fire Clowns
6 Hector Gobies
1 Tomini Tang
3 File fish
1 Hippo Tang
1 Red Hawkfish
4 Pipefish
2 Sunburst Anthius
2 WATCHMAN gbies
1 Cardinal
1 Perchlet
1 Long Nose Hawkfish.
1 Purple Psudo
2 Mandarins
2 Ruby Red dragonettes
1 Possum Wrasse
1 Red something

37 fish. There are probably a couple that I forgot but thats close. All of them except one of the filefish, one fireclown and the hippo tang are very small.
I remember seeing twin spot goby in one of the pictures you post!!!

Good Morning Montipora. You are very observant and I did forget him but he is in there someplace enjoying all the algae. I think I will have to blame you for that also. :p

View attachment 32381792

2 Six Line wrasses.
2 Fire Clowns
6 Hector Gobies
1 Tomini Tang
3 File fish
1 Hippo Tang
1 Red Hawkfish
4 Pipefish
2 Sunburst Anthius
2 WATCHMAN gbies
1 Cardinal
1 Perchlet
1 Long Nose Hawkfish.
1 Purple Psudo
2 Mandarins
2 Ruby Red dragonettes
1 Possum Wrasse
1 Red something
Twin Spot Gobi

38 fish. There are probably a couple that I forgot but thats close. All of them except one of the filefish, one fireclown and the hippo tang are very small.

Man! Don't you know you'll crash your system with that many fish!? Haven't you learned anything!? :D

On a more serious note, can you list approxamate ages for your fish?

Thats a tough one but I can try. Most of them are fairly new because the pipefish, gobies and smaller fish only live a few years.

I know the 2 fireclowns are about 30

and This guy is from my last house. I moved here 5 years ago so he is probably 7 or 8

These guys are all from my old house so about the same.

That last guy maybe 10

This urchin I forgot when I got him but I figure at least 10 years ago. He was as big as a quarter when I got him. If I look back through many pages I may have posted when I got him. I have a lousy memory.

But probably the rest of my fish are five years or less and I bought maybe 7 or 8 of them this and last year.

Good Morning Montipora. You are very observant and I did forget him but he is in there someplace enjoying all the algae. I think I will have to blame you for that also. :p

Oh boy. You are just like my wife. She blames me for everything too............................... 🙄🙄🙄

I like twin spot goby. They are great sand sifters. In smaller aquariums, they can keep the sand bed nice and clean....

So does mine. Thats what wives do. :(

I don't know how long he will live in my tank as I don't have any sand and they don't like gravel to much. :unsure:

The hair algae in my tank now is the most hair algae I have ever seen in my life. I love it.

It grows very long every day so I suck it out by using my diatom filter like a power washer.

The algae is turning white like it is supposed to do after it sucks out all the nutrients it needs then it disappears with no help from me.
This was caused by the remnants of sponge and other things in my rock I killed while removing the invasive sponge.

It should leave the tank with very healthy and clean rocks so I can finish glueing back my corals after the sponge eradication. :D

Back