Hello, Geezer coming back to this forum. Paul B

I am diatoming my tank again. I have been doing this almost every day since I removed the sponge and a hair algae produce stand grew. :oops:

This is a good thing and the algae is now dying after it has done it's thing so I am vacuuming it out. The tank is looking good and after all the algae is gone, I can re glue some of my corals back where they are supposed to go. I don't want to do that yet with the algae still there.

I am almost proud of my tank again and I feel in a couple of weeks it will be better than ever.

Th fish are spawning and corals are extending nicely without the toxins from the sponge suppressing them.

I am diatoming my tank again. I have been doing this almost every day since I removed the sponge and a hair algae produce stand grew. :oops:

This is a good thing and the algae is now dying after it has done it's thing so I am vacuuming it out. The tank is looking good and after all the algae is gone, I can re glue some of my corals back where they are supposed to go. I don't want to do that yet with the algae still there.

I am almost proud of my tank again and I feel in a couple of weeks it will be better than ever.

Th fish are spawning and corals are extending nicely without the toxins from the sponge suppressing them.
I cant help but feel like you are a cheater when you can run right over to the ocean and get more SEA any time you want.
I am glad your tank is back.

The tank is full of 100% ASW right now. I did that to eliminate the sponge because there are no silicates in it which fuels that sponge.

If I am sure the sponge is gone, I will again fill the tank with real water. :D

I think I posted this on here a few years ago. I used to go to work on the railroad with an older Gentleman, Jimmy and he was totally blind since he was 12 years old and lost his sight through glaucoma.

I would help him get around the train and Penn Station in Manhattan every day (but he could get around much better than me and my eyesight is perfect)

That man who is dead now taught me many things that I will never forget and changed my outlook about life in so many ways.

One day we were waiting for the train and he was holding my arm like he always did. After a while he said to me, "What did she look like?"

I said "Who?" He said "The beautiful lady that just walked by".

I asked "How do you know a beautiful lady walked by?"

"I could smell her" he said. I asked, how do you know she was good looking? He then said something that almost floored me.

He said that I (meaning me) was at a disadvantage because I could see everyone and know what they looked like. He said because he can't see, he pictures all the Ladies as beautiful.

He doesn't see black or white, acne, big noses, bad hair, wheelchair, limp or anything else. Just beautiful people. What a nice gift.

I thought that was such a deep thought and gained so much respect for a man I already had much respect for.

This man already in his late 60s went to the city on the subway every morning at 5:59 am, then at Penn Station changed to a city subway train to continue onto his job. He could have sat home and collected govt. assistance like many able bodied people do. (which I find disgusting)

My morning walk.
Sun Sound ave.JPG

Paul, If I can read correctly, low tides for Thursday to Saturday are slightly after 12 noon.
Are you free for Amphipod hunting on one of those days?
It will be above 50 Degrees for sure.

Possibly, I need to check with my wife for Dr. appointments etc. Why, do you want to go? I am not sure if it is amphipod season. :unsure:
Low tide on Thursday is 9:20 am. On Friday it's 10:26am

Last edited:
Nothing is year round here. New York is one of the few paces where it normally goes from Zero to 100 degrees. :oops:

Tank is coming along. Still a lot of algae but it is clearing.

Those things tells you about those aps, but I don't see a place to download them. I am old.
When you hit "Download" it just tells you about it, but you can't use it. Those things don't work for old people.

The one I used was really easy for Geezers.

OK I found one and downloaded. Then I couldn't find it on my computer. I want to download something for Dummies and it automatically appears on my desktop. If not, I delete it which I just did.

This is the only forum I have trouble with so make believe there is a picture of me standing with Angelina Jolie and she is cleaning the glass on my tank just after she washed my car. :D

OK, I accidently got one to work. I downloaded the thing and it appeared right in front of my screen and it read, "Put Image Here".

Thats what I want. I don't want to know about pixels, geography, resolution or the price of bananas. Just do what you are supposed to do.

Now I will see if I can save this program. :)

April 12 (1) (1) (1).jpg

My tank is doing very well and the algae is gradually disappearing, but I still have a bunch of it. Hopefully it is smothering any residual sponge.

I have about 40 fish which are all small except for a couple and an exceptionally large filefish will be traveling as soon as I can catch him. I will try to get him with a tiny hook which I have done before.

I have to resist buying more fish. :oops:

My corals are really opening up now that the sponge toxins are gone. Hopefully they stay gone

OK, I accidently got one to work. I downloaded the thing and it appeared right in front of my screen and it read, "Put Image Here".

Thats what I want. I don't want to know about pixels, geography, resolution or the price of bananas. Just do what you are supposed to do.
Geezersizer?

Back