Hello, Geezer coming back to this forum. Paul B

Yesterday I went to my favorite 50 year old LFS. When I got there he was running out to Home Depot. He had a flood. This place is so old and there is always so much water on the floor I am not sure how he knew he had a leak unless he saw a couple of lipstick tangs swimming between his feet. :oops:
It seems something clogged a return line (probably a lipstick or Naso tang) and the tanks overflowed. They overflowed on to a big water pump that looked like Columbus brought over as ballast on the Santa Maria, but it could have been the Nina.

He had a guy there repairing the thing. He said he was a pool guy and was just shopping in the store. I am glad he got there first or it would have been me sitting in the flood on the floor with all the tangs and hermit crabs.

AS I finished shopping, the guy plugged in the pump and it made a big spark, so I quickly left. :D He knows I am an electrician. :oops:

Yesterday I went to my favorite 50 year old LFS. When I got there he was running out to Home Depot. He had a flood. This place is so old and there is always so much water on the floor I am not sure how he knew he had a leak unless he saw a couple of lipstick tangs swimming between his feet. :oops:
It seems something clogged a return line (probably a lipstick or Naso tang) and the tanks overflowed. They overflowed on to a big water pump that looked like Columbus brought over as ballast on the Santa Maria, but it could have been the Nina.

He had a guy there repairing the thing. He said he was a pool guy and was just shopping in the store. I am glad he got there first or it would have been me sitting in the flood on the floor with all the tangs and hermit crabs.

AS I finished shopping, the guy plugged in the pump and it made a big spark, so I quickly left. :D He knows I am an electrician. :oops:
That reminds of me of the fish store where I worked for many years…never a dull moment. Between the floods, electrical fires , and the nature of the livestock habits, I learned a lot about what not to do, as well as how to mitigate potential problems.

We are having a bunch of company for dinner tonight so I have been cooking and baking all day. I am making Manhattan clam chowder for the people who like (and asked) for that.

The other couple don't eat sea food, (must be Communists) so we are making them meatloaf. I also baked 2 loaves of rosemary olive oil bread Italian bread and made Bruschetta which will go on this bread after I slightly toast it.

For a side on the meatloaf I am making Rosemary, lemon potatoes. :D

Rice pudding for dessert

We are having a bunch of company for dinner tonight so I have been cooking and baking all day. I am making Manhattan clam chowder for the people who like (and asked) for that.

The other couple don't eat sea food, (must be Communists) so we are making them meatloaf. I also baked 2 loaves of rosemary olive oil bread Italian bread and made Bruschetta which will go on this bread after I slightly toast it.

For a side on the meatloaf I am making Rosemary, lemon potatoes. :D

Rice pudding for dessert
You’re making me hungry, which is odd after chemo 🤪.

As far as I know there isn't anything wrong with me....Physically except for bones, joints, ligaments, disks etc. I just can't sleep.

Sleep eludes me and if I don't take something to sleep, I am wasting my time going to bed. :(

Last week I mixed up 30 gallons of ASW. I am a little afraid to use NSW right now due to all the rain we had. The last time I used it, I had a produce farm.

A day after I mixed it, it had a weird chemical smell that I never noticed before. (It's Instant Ocean) After a few days, the smell dissipated so I didn't know if I should use it or not. I really don't want to crash the tank over something so silly as a water change. Not that I change so much water.

Anyway, to test it, I put a small torch coral in the new water to see if it croaks or burst into flames. It's been 15 minutes and so far the coral doesn't seem to even know it is in new water so if it looks good in an hour, I will change it. :)

How would I get gas in ASW? I would love to get gas from my tap. It costs a lot more than water.

Back