Hello, Geezer coming back to this forum. Paul B

Nothing exciting happened on my morning walk and I didn't find any worms so my Red Waspfish ate the last worm I had so they had to share it. It is a supposed to rain tonight so I assume I will find some.

I use my morning walks alone to do my thinking and inventing. Unfortunately my old brain doesn't have an off switch so I can't stop it, even when I am trying to sleep which is annoying. (The VA tells me that is due to PTSD, I think it's because I was born the year after TV was invented.

If I don't take something to sleep, (and I have a variety of things to take) I am virtually wasting my time closing my eyes in bed because invariably some stupid creation will jump into my head which will take up 98% of my mental acuity causing me to wake up like 12:00 midnight, then 2:00 am, then 3:30 then 4:30 when I get up anyway.

Not that I want to, it just happens. It is also an old thing as I believe many older "Gentlemen" have this issue.

If I remember,25 years ago, I used to be able to sleep. I am working on a very cool kitchen cabinet creation now and my prototype, which is almost completed is working flawlessly. If it works well I will pursue another patent which is also why I can't disclose it.

I already have two patents and they don't give them to you for free. My last creation didn't qualify for a patent but I thought an insulated Bikini for cold water was a good idea. :unsure:

I rotated the tires on one of my Jeeps but I had to make a device to be able to do it. Not only you of course have to lift the tire and line it up, but you also have to hold it there with one hand to try to start the lug nut. I lower the car just enough so I don't really have to lift the tire but you have to be exact with that or the holes won't line up.

I was a mechanic and changed thousands of tires thousands but I was 50 years younger then. Also, SUV tires are much larger and I have larger tires than are supposed be on the car but that isn't the issue.

Most older cars had threaded lugs sticking out from the hub so all you had to do was lift the tire and throw it on the lugs and they would hold it there so all you had to do was put on the nuts.

My Jeep and I assume many cars now don't use that simple system, There are no threaded lugs sticking out so you have to hold up the tire, There are only holes in the hub so you have lay on the street so you can line up the holes while you are holding the tire because there is nothing to hold the tire up so you can line it up to start the lug .

I invented a thing that holds the tire in position while you screw it in but I shouldn't have to do that. I had to buy a lug that fits my car because it is a proprietary thread, meaning you have to get it from Jeep because it is not a standard size thread as they want you to buy the lugs from them.
Then I cut the top of the lug off and weld a rod onto it the same diameter as the thread but much longer. This way with the tire off, I screw in this device and just throw the tire on so it lines it up.

I would like to call the engineer who thought of this stupid system and tell him to get in touch with the engineering school he went to and see if he could get his money back.

I also noticed my front tires are wearing on one side meaning I need an alignment. I do that with a string and will do it another day. I'm not giving Jeep any money for a simple thing like that because I am not a Jiboni. :cool:

IMG_2041.JPG

Most older cars had threaded lugs sticking out from the hub so all you had to do was lift the tire and throw it on the lugs and they would hold it there so all you had to do was put on the nuts.

My Jeep and I assume many cars now don't use that simple system, There are no threaded lugs sticking out so you have to hold up the tire, There are only holes in the hub so you have lay on the street so you can line up the holes while you are holding the tire because there is nothing to hold the tire up so you can line it up to start the lug .
This boggles my mind. I've never seen a car without wheel studs on the hubs. The only reason to do it with holes instead is to make you go to the dealership. Lame.

However that does make me think you should be able to convert them back to normal by screwing studs through the back of the holes like usual.

Yes I can do that, but remember those threads are propitiatory threads so you can't buy those threaded studs. If I could, I would have done that years ago. Even if I could get the threaded studs, they don't make nuts to fit them. The studs themselves are between 1/2" and 7/16ths. They are probably metric but even that won't help because of the threads that are not common to anything.

The lugs are not long enough to screw through the back of the 1'2" thick back plate.

I walked this morning with a mission. I need some earthworms because that is my 3 Waspfish favorite food I now have a hard time giving them anything else. That is fine because earthworms are plentiful and one worm can feed all 3 fish.

It only rained a little last night so there weren't worms all over the street like I see after a heavy rain. I couldn't find one worm. Then I came upon a damp bunch of muddy leaves about 30' long at the side of the road.

I found a stick and moved some leaves out of the way and happily found 5 worms. So my fish are good for 5 days at which time it will probably rain heavy and I can get a bunch of them :cool:

Last edited:
Yes I can do that, but remember those threads are propitiatory threads so you can't buy those threaded studs. If I could, I would have done that years ago. Even if I could get the threaded studs, they don't make nuts to fit them. The studs themselves are between 1/2" and 7/16ths. They are probably metric but even that won't help because of the threads that are not common to anything.

The lugs are not long enough to screw through the back of the 1'2" thick back plate.
Are you sure these don't fit?
Specification: Thread Size M12x1. 25, Hex 17mm, Shrank 28mm, Length 48mm, Conical Seat 60 Degree.

I’m really interested in the earthworm feeding option…might have to give that a try this evening as it just started raining here.

About a year ago I took my dog out to my back yard one evening after a rain. I was using the flashlight to make sure there were no skunks near by. I kept seeing movement on the ground, but when I pointed the flashlight on the grass there was nothing there. So I turned the flashlight off, pointed it to a different patch of grass and turned it on. I saw at least a dozen earthworms disappear into the ground. Now I see them all the time. I must have thousands of them in the back yard. Might come in handy when I have more fish

Click on link.
Right on the to pof the page it says:

113x2hKibOL.png

|

! This does not fit

2015 Jeep Renegade

See similar products that fit this vehicle

I am not sure those lug nuts would fit and those threaded lugs in the above link are much shorter in real life. They just listed a generic lug and not the ones sold for Jeep. Thats the one I bought that I cut for the thing I built to make installing the tire easier. :cool:

If it was that important and I really wanted to do it, I could buy those lug bolts, cut the heads off and screw them in a little, then weld them in and if those lug nuts fit, use them.

Urka, those are nightcrawlers and very common at night after a rain. :) I have collected them all my life but now I go out early in the morning so people here don't call the police and think I am some Perv as they won't believe I am collecting worms for my fish. :oops:

This morning my wife and I have appointments at a Pain Mgt. doctors office. We both have back issues so she fills us up with Prizapro, I mean cortisone.

You can only get these shots I think 3 times a year or your bones turn into something akin to leather corals or red tip anemones and no one wants that.
I am going for a shoulder issue. My left shoulder is titanium so a little WD-40 is all it needs but when I had my left shoulder replaced due to arthritis and the rotator cuff tore completely off as did my bicep and some other, probably needed things with long names. The Doc told me he rarely sees that much arthritis in a shoulder so my right shoulder is probably worse.

He took a picture of the arthritis on my left shoulder when he removed it and it looks like the surface of the moon. It's all holes, cracks and woodchuck burrows.
So I have quite a bit of pain in my right shoulder which makes it hard to feed earthworms to my red waspfish and that annoys them as they don't seem to care what my pain level is.

My wife has much bigger problems because of her MS. Her back is in acute pain so I hope the Pain Mgt Doc. can help her.

It's a lot of fun getting old, I can't wait for a lot of you people to find out. :D

Of course if you are an entomologist, guitar teacher or own an LFS, you will be fine.

I am old.
I am not flexible.
I still powerlift, but shouldn't. Would really like to hit a 400 bench and 600 deadlift before i give it up.

I go to get stretched 2 days a week.
I go to get a deep tissue massage 1 day a week.
The stretching and massage has helped a lot. Still terrible sciatica, but less frequent and shoulders work a bit better.
I am going to start going to one of those "float spas" 1 day a week. I don't think it will help the body much, but maybe the mind?

Paul - maybe one of those float spas would give her some relief, even if just allowing her to somewhat relax? Relaxation can help block some nerve pain.

I heard of an oriental Acupuncture doc in Setauket.
Thanks Vinny, she goes to a Lady Acupuncturist who moved from China. My wife loves her but MS is a little beyond what an acupuncturist can handle.

Thanks Bean. My wife exercises every day sometimes for 2 hours and remember she can't really stand up unless holding on.

I walk 2 miles every morning and the only bench press I do is when I am siting on a bench. :rolleyes:

Those days are totally gone for me as most of my work as a commercial construction electrician in Manhattan destroyed my shoulders and now one is titanium which is strong but there are hardly no muscles connected to it so it would be a good paperweight.

I got cortisone in the other shoulder yesterday because the arthritis looks like the inside of my skimmer when ran it on my tank for 26 years without cleaning it. :oops:

I invented a thing that holds the tire in position while you screw it in but I shouldn't have to do that. I had to buy a lug that fits my car because it is a proprietary thread, meaning you have to get it from Jeep because it is not a standard size thread as they want you to buy the lugs from them.
Then I cut the top of the lug off and weld a rod onto it the same diameter as the thread but much longer. This way with the tire off, I screw in this device and just throw the tire on so it lines it up.
The tire jack supplied with the jeep will have a guide clipped to it similar to the one you fabricated. Of course none of us ever use the crappy supplied jack or read the manual for something as simple as tire changes and therefore never know about said guide tool.:LOL:

Last edited:
Bean, Thank you. I don't think I ever removed the jack from that car and it is 9 years old. I will check it out ir this deluge stops.

At least on my soggy walk this morning I picked up about 20 worms in 20 minutes. My Waspfish will be so happy. :D

My first job was picking worms for a bait shop. They'd bus us out to golf courses at night then we'd head out with a head lamp on and a large tin can strapped to each leg. One was empty to hold the worms and the other had sawdust in it to dry our hands. We got $5 per can of worms. On a really good night we'd make up to $15.

Back