Help cleaning glass!!! Please....

evilss

I am getting back into the hobby after being away for years. I got a killer deal on a tank, stand, all filtration. Its an Oceanic 120 gallon. I need help cleaning the white haze (calcium deposits) off the inside of the glass. I have been using distilled white vinegar. I have even used Bar keepers friend which did an amazing job on the glass lids. I will try to attach a picture. Any ideas??

The tank...

Attachments

• 20200118_102457.jpg
    20200118_102457.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 0
Don't tell anyone but I use it as needed in my thriving tank ... the fish and corals don't seem to mind... don't get one that has "œcleaners" in it... I just use the basic arm in hammer magic eraser.
I stumbled upon this was I was to new to the hobby to know it could be harmful but guess what... it works and nothing has died and I've been using this for about a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will try that today. Im going to rinse the tank out a few more times anyways. Thanks for your suggestion.

Maybe try baking soda vinegar paste ... works on restoring headlights other than that I got nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the tank empty, you can use whatever you want. If Barkeeper's Friend worked on the top glass, use it! Just make sure you clean off any residue.

Welcome back and enjoy the journey!

Is the tank outside? Vinegar will work if you have the patience. Lay the tank on a side and soak an old towel with vinegar and cover the entire panel. Allow it to soak for a few hours then use a single edge razor to scrape the residue away. Repeat for each panel.

Is the tank outside? Vinegar will work if you have the patience. Lay the tank on a side and soak an old towel with vinegar and cover the entire panel. Allow it to soak for a few hours then use a single edge razor to scrape the residue away. Repeat for each panel.

This is how id do it too, warm temps help also like in a heated garage etc. There is a stronger cleaning vinegar(not for consumption) also that works even better if you can find some its just a percent stronger but does make a diff.

My version of soaking the glass. I dont have help to move the tank today. So i have a spray bottle and will keep spraying every 30 min for a few hours. Wish me luck.

Attachments

• 20200118_160836.jpg
    20200118_160836.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0
Strong solution of white vinegar will do for it pretty well overnight; just let it set. It will also clean any pumps or oher gear while you have the tank vinegared.

The vinegar should work. Tried it on buddy's tank, you definitely need to make sure it is wet all the time as the vinegar dries up easily.

Still no change. I ordered cerium oxide. Itbwill be here this weekend. My last effort. I guess i really got burned on this buy.

You may find a lot of marring disappears when the tank is filled. Especially the white cloudy stuff.

Back