Help me find Ocean life before I go crazy!

Cammunoz

Hi so I'm in South Beach Miami. Where do I go to find snorkeling spots and ocean life the beach near by is filled with people and no marine life at all. ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

do i need a fishing liscence if i go to the keys and maybe take a coral or two? anyone ever ship them back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See if you can locate Heron Bridge - supposed to be a great shore dive, but don't know exactly where it is . . .

Triple-check Florida regs on coral collecting - I suspect it's frowned upon.

~Bruce

do i need a fishing liscence if i go to the keys and maybe take a coral or two? anyone ever ship them back

You need a saltwater fishing license.

With that , just take note all stony coral is prohibited. That limits you to basically zoas , mushrooms and some gorgs.

Also stay away from any state and national parks. Collecting is strictly prohibited there.

3 day license $17
7 day license $30

Blue Heron bridge is in WPB if I'm not mistaken. about a 1-2 hour drive from Miami.

Help me find Ocean life before I go crazy!

6584089ae3dd6183202a7e9ae996f240.png

Anyone know a good place near south beach to get a cheap drop net and fishing supplies?

Anyone know a good place near south beach to get a cheap drop net and fishing supplies?

South Beach and cheap don't belong in the same sentence... lol
And collecting gear isn't that cheap anyways.

Honestly though, don't buy anything unless you have a spot you know is good. You said in the beginning that you can't even find marine life where you have snorkeled.

Try finding a good spot first, make sure you can legally collect in that particular area then buy everything you need.
No point in getting all those things if all you are going to find is hermit crabs..

i got one 12 bucks went to key largo not much luck caught a large brittle star!

Back