Help Mojo choose a light

Nice choice, I have the infiniti over my 36"x36" and get great coverage no shadows even at the ends, they look soo slick too.

here is mine in relation to the room, only the 250w hqi is on in this picture it is much brighter with the 4x t5's on also.

tankfull.jpg

the megachrome halide lamp is one of the best I have used, the T5's look good too, however from what I have read they are slightly inferior to the ATI or KZ tubes, certainly not enough for me to change them out before they are due to be though.

I did get the option of what bulb and tubes I wanted, I went with the 14500k hqi, 2 x pure actinic and 2 x aquablue +.

What bulbs have you gone with?

well it comes with a ushio BLV 10k and I am not sure what t5's I am hoping the actinic + . I am not familiar with the ushio 10k bulb. I ll try it out. If the bulbs are not what I am looking for I am thinking I will run two ati blue + for t5's and either a pheonix 14k or a maybe a reeflux 12k or something for the halide. Not sure. I wish there was a DE Radium. I really liked my SE Radiums.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15477057#post15477057 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BreadmanMike
Is the metal halide reflector on the 24" Infiniti offset from center a little like they show on PA's picture?

infin-bulbs.jpg

The metal halide reflectors location is adjustable left to right on the Geisemann Infinity, so it can be moved to center.

Gary

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15477181#post15477181 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GQuinn
The metal halide reflectors location is adjustable left to right on the Geisemann Infinity, so it can be moved to center.

Gary

That's awesome!. :D

well mine will be here today. Out for delivery. I didnt get the infiniti though. I hope I am happy with the Geisemann Neptune pro. basically it uses 2 t5 rather than 4 and the reflector is different on the halide from what I gather. well we will see.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15477443#post15477443 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mojo~
well mine will be here today. Out for delivery. I didnt get the infiniti though. I hope I am happy with the Geisemann Neptune pro. basically it uses 2 t5 rather than 4 and the reflector is different on the halide from what I gather. well we will see.

Cool, hope to see some pics. :)

Mojo, What did you think of your new Neptune? I was waiting to see what you thought of yours before I placed my order for either the infiniti or the Neptune.

Here is the link to my build thread.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1681334

The light is nice. If you dont mind spending the extra $$ the infiniti is really a nice unit. I would like to have 4 t5's but didnt feel like dropping the extra $$ on it. THe neptune is nice. Seems well built and looks nice. I did test fire the stock ushio blv 10k bulb and it was too yeloow for my liking. the two t5's could notover come the yellow. I ordered a pheonix bulb and already installed it. Nice unit really.
The only other one I was considering was the hamilton belize for a halide. Well we will. I am getting new tank together today. I am just taking a quick break. It is plumbed in. And about 75% of the electrical is done. I need to finish hooking up the RKE and drill two holes to hang the light and the I start tearing down the other tank and slide this one into place.

wish me luck.

Mojo~

Back