Which less

Lacy

Ex FMAS bod member
Premium Member
Option one is a bit short (27") and a bit lacking in light for your tank... and a bit over priced.
Option 2 is way too white at close to a 50:50 split.

If you want a controller, look at the EverGrow IT2080 ($450). 99 3w leds, moonlights and 32" long.

I have the same 180g DT mixed reef you do. I've had 2 EG IT2080's over it for 8 months now and they have run 24/7 without a single issue. I get 200+ PAR at the sand running at 75% power. And coral growth has been great. I have a 1" frag of birdsnest that broke off a big colony, broken at one end and 1 growing tip at the other. I hung it by a string off the center brace about 10" deep back in January. Today it is 6"-7" in diameter and has 60-70 growing tips. And there are still people who say you can't grow sps corals under leds! :blown:

If you want inexpensive and don't care about a controller, look at the Arctic S026 ($175) it's a better made light (a bunch of small details) or the EverGrow D120 ($160) which both have better blue to white ratio than the reefradiance, IMHO.

This is that 1" tip I hung in late Dec and this pic is a couple of months old. It's even bigger now!

Back