Help Mojo choose a light

Ahh. I prefer the Spectra over the Infinity but that fixture is wider than your tank. I would say the Sunpower or the Infinity would be best. The Infinity will look better hanging over it for sure. I have wanted to consider an all T5 tank but I love the shimmer of MH. Tough call.

t5, the shimmer has never been a sell for me, current tank i have the coralife pro 250w with pc's, { got it for a great price } nice light and keeps corals happy. new tank is 36x24x22 and i will be using a tek 8 bulb t5, reason for liking t5 better is you get a more even complete light coverage, heat really isnt much less just spread further across tank instead of a spot light, and 400w is 400w reguardless of whether it is from mh or t5, also the niceness of t5 is being able to run multiple color temps of bulbs, this is the fixture i personally would get is $ wasnt a problem
36" 6x39W Powermodule T5 High-Output Fixture

How about aquaphoton it covers the width of the tank completely you can go for 24" or 36" fixture I have seen a couple & they are really sexy fixtures

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15439901#post15439901 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NyReefNoob
t5, the shimmer has never been a sell for me, current tank i have the coralife pro 250w with pc's, { got it for a great price } nice light and keeps corals happy. new tank is 36x24x22 and i will be using a tek 8 bulb t5, reason for liking t5 better is you get a more even complete light coverage, heat really isnt much less just spread further across tank instead of a spot light, and 400w is 400w reguardless of whether it is from mh or t5, also the niceness of t5 is being able to run multiple color temps of bulbs, this is the fixture i personally would get is $ wasnt a problem
36" 6x39W Powermodule T5 High-Output Fixture

People keep saying this, and I guess from a pure physics standpoint it is true. But in my experience, when it comes to actually heating up the room, this has never held true. My one 24" outer orbit 250 watt halide heats my room a lot more than my 72" solaris does. IT JUST DOES. I'm not sure if it has to do with how the fixtures actually make contact with the air they heat or what, or if it has to do with the fact that the halide heats the surface of the water more and then that heats the room, but these claims that 250 watts = 250 watts and therefore they heat the room the same just does NOT carry over to the real world. Scream at me all you want, it just doesn't.

whats the difference between the giesemenn infinity and the nep-tune I was looking at? not muc difference but almost double the price.

The MH reflector may also be different. I'm not sure but the Neptune may have their old hammertone reflectors. The Infinity has a parabolic reflector.

ill have to look I am liking the GIESEMANN more and more. its a newer fixture that replaced the eco 230 from watI have read.

ok well after much more investigation the Nep tune pro replaced the eco, and the infiniti replaced the neptune. I ordered the Neptune giesemann fixture and it will be here wednesday.

I couldnt justify the extra $300 on the infiniti. other than I really like it. lol it adds a better reflector and 2 more t5's. I am hoping i dont regret not buying it. Anyone seen one of the geise' Neptune pro fixtures ? Give me a heads up on it?

Thanks for the input everyone. Being that it will be in the open I wanted something that works well and looks good too. Now I have to figure out how to mount it. lol

Mojo: How much are these rimless Oceanic's running? I've always loved the Oceanic 58's, this may have to be the tank I upgrade to from the 40 Breeder. :D

you'll love that fixture Mojo...My buddy even attached 2 of the current powerbrites to the back and it still looked sweet. :)
....nice tank choice BTW.

And yeah, what skimmer did you put on that thing? :)

I would go ATI. The neptune is kind of an economy giesemann fixture, i have seen them and they are much less better made than the infinity series. just my .2 cents.

What length did you get? Any downsize in using a 24 inch fix on a 36 inch tank? Other than light shadow on very end.

the picture on page one show it with the 24" fixture. That is what I got. Well Its too late for me to change my mind as it has been bought and paid for and is coming my

they are beautiful fixtures, I will eventually get one to go over my ELOS, nice choice!!!

Back