help please!need advice asap!

seven2sam

so long story short i put the live rock i made into my tank a lil too early even tho i tested the ph of it before i put it in.for some reason after it being in there for about 20hrs i come home and my tank is super clowdy all my fish are hideing and corals look like **** zena pulse corals are fallin apart ,they looked the worse supriseingly.i imetitaly did a 50% water change with ro water.today i wake up to see almose every fhish swimin around with no sighn of any dead ones.coral still looks like **** tho.I forgot to mention that before i did the water change i took all the rock out.im wondering if im ****ed and if shuld just set up a smaller tank with new water and my old rock.keep in mind the only size extra tank i have is a 38gal. and i previously had everythin in a 120.someone please give me some good ideas!

the live rock was made from crushed oyster shell portland white cement and rock sailt softner.it sat in my budies stream for a few weeks then i put it in a big tank and flushed it every day for a week with my tap water.(i know its beter to use ro)

My first word of advice is to stop using the profanity that our censor is blocking. ;)

What did you make the rock out of? Sounds like it wasn't fully cured and ready to use. Just do another large water change and run some carbon.

Thank you for the fast responce. do u think my zena will come back?there still there just all slumped over and discolered.?

Back