Help with goldflake angel

Velvet is best treated with chloroquine phosphate. Unfortunately it's next to impossible to get these days.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Currently treating with general cure for parasites...not working and since he's not eating anything that allows me to use f"˜bendazole and metro kind of stuck........copper was for suspected velvet...

What size QT are you treating?

Velvet is best treated with chloroquine phosphate. Unfortunately it's next to impossible to get these days.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It is the cure for Wuhan virus so it's to be expected. I have some I could send to remedy the problem, depending on the water volume needing treated. Is it a established QT?

He’s in a 55g qt. I will need to treat my 625g FOWLR too but will use another med for that. Thank you!

Last edited:
Good news....Looks like all the effort is paying off! She ate mysis shrimp and American reef HPD very robustly today. All soaked in meds. Her internal parasites seem to be getting better as a surfing is also more controlled and less frantic. Improvement all around! Thanks to all I think we are on our way to a successful ending and full recovery!

Now on to display where I’m still seeing signs of powdery sheen but it can’t be velvet or they'd all be dead by now. Noticed a couple of salt size dots on hippo yesterday but gone today and just noticed a a couple on head of gem. Could be a bump from hitting rocks but she has a powdery sheen...anyway everyone eating well so hesitant to douse DT again after 30days of copper which has all been removed with poly filter pads.....this hobby surely can be challenging.,..i might try hyposalinity now since its FOWLR. Although hypo does not treat velvet.....observe more for now...

Last edited:
Back