Home Reef Videos..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great close ups :cool: Looks like they are different species. Care to elaborate about where you found them in your tank(s) and what they were doing when you caught each of them?

Here are a couple more short videos...

A friend gave me a Xenia "bush" that my powder blue tang proceeded to much to bare rock. After a month or so, the rock seems to be growing new Xenia... here's a video of the baby polyps, about 1.5cm across... and they just started pulsing.
Baby Xenia

Here's a video of my new Heteractus magnifica (Ritteri) anemone. He's been crawling around for about 2 days looking for a comfortable spot, but I've got him trapped on a rock "tower." My clownfish stared at it for 3 hours before nipping at it... at the 4 hour mark, she dove right in and they've been inseperable since.
Anemone & Clown

DS

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7435335#post7435335 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Beverly
Great close ups :cool: Looks like they are different species. Care to elaborate about where you found them in your tank(s) and what they were doing when you caught each of them?

i didnt do a lugols dip b4 i put in some zoo's from my LFS is how my tank contracted them. i notice a few a couple of days later. came here read for 3-4 hours and figured flat worm exit was my choice of annillation. these 2 were sucked out prior to the death ray and put in a cup of aqua water. im not sure why the one is brown colored. they all appeared to be the same in the bucket i put them in after using a baster to remove as many as i could after death.

i took this photo of the one from the video in my previous post b4 going under the scapel.
flatworm3.jpg

flatworm2.jpg

flatworm.jpg

flatworm1.jpg

Last edited:
first time ever using this cam to shoot film so.. forgive the out of focus and such
mainly just wanted to show the mystery animal ( looks like feather dusters almost)
and the way my corals move in the water

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7454565#post7454565 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by goda
first time ever using this cam to shoot film so.. forgive the out of focus and such
mainly just wanted to show the mystery animal ( looks like feather dusters almost)
and the way my corals move in the water

you might want to practice more b4 posting.

Hey everyone, got a quick question. Unfortunately i dont have a video camera and so many other things to spend my money on but i enjoy this thread and everyone else's videos. Nice tanks, but when i first enter this thread I see somewhat of a list of vids that melev composed, however, is there any thread off of this one or anywhere on RC that has a list of all the posted videos i can go to. It gets very tedious to go through each of these pages, most of which have no videos??????? or should i just keep fricking clicking

Always go to Page 1. The moderator posts all of them in the first two or three posts of Page 1.

:) Hey guys.... Man it's been a while since I even checked on this thread....:rollface: Sorry .. I'm glad to see it's still trucking strong.. I've been busy with the house ( getting trees cut down and putting in a pool:cool: ) .... Just got back from Oklahoma City then turned right around and went off to NC...

I promise to be a little more attentive ...

Bob

3f_p@L Wow! Great video. Lots of action on that reef. That BTA is *****in. Wacky download site. ;) Good job!:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7577496#post7577496 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jnarowe
Mine kept growing too and got to about 22". Then, two weeks ago it split into 3 new GBTAs. OUCH! :D

:eek1: :eek1: btw, congrats jonathan!!:D

Yeah well I don't know if it's such a good thing. In a smaller system it would be a real problem for sure. Right now they have separated themselves by about 1.5 feet and are starting to poke out during daylight. The 2 maroon clowns are kept very busy trading off from one to another...it's kind of strange really.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7470972#post7470972 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishman805
:) Hey guys.... Man it's been a while since I even checked on this thread....:rollface: Sorry .. I'm glad to see it's still trucking strong.. I've been busy with the house ( getting trees cut down and putting in a pool:cool: ) .... Just got back from Oklahoma City then turned right around and went off to NC...

I promise to be a little more attentive ...

Bob

Hey Bob! How's the pool coming? Pool party invite coming? Hope everyone is having a good summer.

I'm having major problems suddenly with my vids, and need some help. Ever since my major PC crash last summer, I don't have all the compression utilities I used to, and can't remember what half of them were!

So, I always capture into Videowave. Render the first round as .avi (they're usually over a gig). Then my second round I'll create .wmv files, but the fine line of decent resolution vs size is killing me. Even converting the .avi's to divx isn't doing the trick because the files are still upwards of 40-50mb.

So, Beverly, Marc, anyone, give me a layout of tools I should use again, or settings you guys are using. You know me, most of my videos are at least 5 minutes (and don't ask me to chop them down!! :) )

Marc, btw, I'm really thinkig of hitting MACNA...you'll be there I assume, right?

thx all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back