Home Reef Videos..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Windows Movie maker to shrink my avis down. Can take a 9 gb uncompressed avi and turn it into a 30 mb file.

I still can't figure out how to use WIndows Movie Maker. Are you using it just to compress, or for other functions as well?

yeah I just use it to compress. I have access to a box with After Effects on it so I use that for all my editing stuff. Then render it out to uncompressed AVI. Then I bring it home on my portable hard drive. Then use movie maker to make a WMV. Sorta long process but it gets the job done.

I tried to render it in After Effects using DIVX and a few other compression things that were on the box but nothing got it as small a file with still decent viewing like Movie Maker. Melev suggested I try it and it worked out well.

I've used Movie Maker a ton, but the quality vs size of file still has that fine-line. Keep coming with ideas folks!

I use Microsoft Movie Maker myself. I import the avi clips, edit them down, add music or mute the sound track, add titles, merge in any effects, and compress. I tend to choose options that give you a nice large image and the filesize is rather large, but then I don't run them as long as a full length song either. I just fade in and out what I need.

Yep, I'll be at MACNA. We plan to do some podcasting from there either during the day or at least at night from the bar. I don't know if we can handle vidcasting, but maybe if my laptop can handle the task. I'll have to test it out just to see, rather than finding out once I'm in Houston.

I have had a tough time dealing with Movie Maker but you guys are encouraging enough that I will try it again. :)

I poked around for a while in my VideoWave configs, and found the codec had somehow been changed to something I'd never heard of! So, I've re-rendered the .avi's, bringing them down to less than 1/2 - 3/4 of the sizes I'd been getting. Then, doing the final production wmv's in movie maker using the video for broadband (512) option. So, it's working better again, and I 'think' the resolution is holding up again.

So, reposting one I did a couple months ago, let me know if it buffers too much, and how the resolution looks.

210, 75 and 40 cubes before tear-down (Breathe 2am - Anna Nalick)

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Nice, Amy. I saw something new in there. I didn't know Scooter Blennies immitate the mandarin courting dance.

And that damsel was lucky the Tunze didn't restart. You'd have had to use something totally different, music-wise. ;)

No Marc, you've got it backwards!!! It's the mandarin's imitating the scooters! :) They are all dragonets, so not surprising it is the same I guess.

Yeah, that little damsel, I was very very careful with him and the pump (nothing was automated, so he was safe)

Glad it worked.

Best you can do?? That was gorgeous Marc! Phosphate battles seem to have subsided somehow finally, it looks just beautiful. EXCELLENT quality on the vid! MORE pleeeeeze. :)

Well, now you see my issues - Mine when still in .avi are usually between 800mb - 1.1gig! So compressing down to 25-40mb, whew, lots of loss. But, it was so beatiful, the tank is looking great.

Also, you said you were surprised at the scooters behavior, I take it you never saw my 'lovely' Scarborough Fair video or the other ones (there have been many), of the scooters doing their thing!! Oh how I miss them! I am just now setting up one of my tanks again since moving.

Yeah, I don't download every video that appears in this thread. One day I'll be recovering from Open Wallet Surgery, and I'll just download every video linked to pass the time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back