Home Reef Videos..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
avansickle said:
Rich, I'm SURE you can find some good tunes! Want to see more from you soon.

I got a tune picked out and started the video production. It's a tank room tour mixed with some livestock. I have a Digital SLR for stills, nothing for taking video. Borrowed my fathers Fuji FinePix F700 taking movie images at 640x480.. not bad. Could use better lighting. But he forgot to include the recharger cable. So video production is on hold until I get that.

LobsterOfJustice said:
Here is a video of JBNY's tank. I dont know where i got it from, but I downloaded it as soon as I had it and have had it on my desktop for a while now. This is one of my favorite tanks!

http://www.youtube.com/?v=lFV-wbrye-Q

You know, if I got rid of 10 more fish, I could have a tank like that. ;) Actually if I just removed the three hippos, I think it would work. I hate to remove them, but at the same time they are really more of a problem than a benefit. :(

LobsterOfJustice said:
Here is a video of JBNY's tank. I dont know where i got it from, but I downloaded it as soon as I had it and have had it on my desktop for a while now. This is one of my favorite tanks!

http://www.youtube.com/?v=lFV-wbrye-Q

Not sure what's happening with the link but when I get to the website to get the video, I'm getting an error message for the page....I updated the "macromedia flash" codec but still get errors with the page... Could you check on this pls..???

Bob

fishman805 said:
Nice video K9 .. Very clean everything looks very healthy.... Looks like the lawnmower blenny wanted to take a bite off the hermit....lol

Bob
Thanks Bob! Yeah, he looks like an aggressive little bugger, but the only thing he attacks with vigor are his algae sheets that I strap to that piece of live rock with a rubberband. Sometimes, when I first put the rock back in there with a fresh sheet, he goes on a "feeding frenzy" and bites everything in sight trying to scrape algae off of it. :lol:

original-reefland said:
I've completed my Reef Room Tour video. Please right-click and select Save-As to run the video local to your machine.

http://www.rl180reef.com/180/pages/published/movies/Reef_Room_Tour.wmv

"PERFECTIONIST" is the first and only word that I could think of after watching your video.... You've got one of the "cleanest" setups that I've seen.... It's no wonder that you've got a healthy tank ..

Thanks for sharing the video....

Bob

Beverly said:
K9,

Bob,

Okay, found a tune I couldn't resist making a video from. Called "The World is Not Enough", 640 x 480 pixels, 41.6 MB, 3:53 minutes....

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/v-notenough.wmv

Great video Bev... I'm glad that you could not resist putting one up here ... But I just "HAVE" to ask you something..... Just "what exactly" is your fasination with snails...??? I mean they dominate your videos... I'm not critisizing, but, you just seem obsessed with them.... :)D )...

Bob

fishman805 said:
Great video Bev... I'm glad that you could not resist putting one up here ... But I just "HAVE" to ask you something..... Just "what exactly" is your fasination with snails...??? I mean they dominate your videos... I'm not critisizing, but, you just seem obsessed with them.... :)D )...

Thanks, Bob :)

Why do I have so many snails in my videos? Here are a few reasons....

- keep my tanks understocked with fish which helps control nuisance algae. The fish that I do have are pretty much scared of the camera :rolleyes: Well, except for the clowns, but they just mostly hang around in a cave :confused:

- snails are everywhere in my tanks. They are most likely to be out "doing something" while my fish and other inverts are hanging out somewhere beyond camera range.

- I've begun to really appreciate all the places snails go.

- I like the way they interact with each other.

- I like the stories I can tell with them using various music.

That's about it. Would like to do a Police "Roxanne" with snails, but haven't quite figured out how to shoot them :rollface:

K-9 Nice video. Your tank looks very crisp and clean.
original-reefland Perfectionist is an understatement. I am drooling.
Bev You did it again. You know I love your snails, almost as much as my hermit loves mine.

Tyler, great video. Thanks for the tour. Having a basement sure is ideal. You mentioned the ballvalve to your Sequence 1000 being closed 40%, but it looked 100% closed to me.

tgunn said:
Made a video tour of my 140 gallon tank and basement fish room:
Here

WOW.... :eek1: ... Very nice tgunn.... I can definately see the research that you put into your system.... I wish that I had a basement too .. It sure would have made things "cleaner" for me.... That's a huge skimmer for a 140gal... mines a baby compared to yours.... I got a little confused looking at the return you've got on the 1000.. Looks 100% closed to me as well.... But all that aside, you've got one heck of a setup:thumbsup:

Well done

Bob

Beverly said:
Thanks, Bob :)

Why do I have so many snails in my videos? Here are a few reasons....

- keep my tanks understocked with fish which helps control nuisance algae. The fish that I do have are pretty much scared of the camera :rolleyes: Well, except for the clowns, but they just mostly hang around in a cave :confused:

- snails are everywhere in my tanks. They are most likely to be out "doing something" while my fish and other inverts are hanging out somewhere beyond camera range.

- I've begun to really appreciate all the places snails go.

- I like the way they interact with each other.

- I like the stories I can tell with them using various music.

That's about it. Would like to do a Police "Roxanne" with snails, but haven't quite figured out how to shoot them :rollface:

Thanks for clarifying that for me Bev.... I do enjoy your videos...;)

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back