How big would a tank have to be to house these fish ?

Ok so the 1 puffer will be a porcupine what over fish on the list can go in the 200 gallon with it ? I really like arothron puffers so would a narrow line work ?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Nope. The Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL is 200 gallons total water volume. The display is only 160 gallons. Any compatibility chart you look at, pufferfish are not compatible with each other. Usually having a massive tank will offset that, but a 160 is far from massive. Here's the compatability chart I used:http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/compatibility_chart.cfm

BigBlueTang how many gallons is your biggest tank since you live with your parents to and how many tanks do you have

The biggest tank I have is a 75. I have a total of three tanks, my display, my fish QT, and my frag tank is being set up. I'm not saying I have the 500 gallon tank I'm telling you these fish need, but I'm not trying to keep massive fish in them either.

I don't think the red sea reefer 750 xxl is the tank you want. It's dimensions are basically the same as a standard 180 gallon, but a foot less long.

Can you get your hands on a standard 240? Those shouldn't be that bad, price wise. Or is there a standard tank size that is 6' x 30" for a footprint?

I don't think the red sea reefer 750 xxl is the tank you want. It's dimensions are basically the same as a standard 180 gallon, but a foot less long.

Can you get your hands on a standard 240? Those shouldn't be that bad, price wise. Or is there a standard tank size that is 6' x 30" for a footprint?
I would probably get a 240 custom made

To me it sounds as if you are working backwards. First get the tank up and running and then start thinking about what to put in it. Coming up with a "dream list" and then getting a tank that is too small to house it will only lead to headaches down the road. Good luck

^^ This, or actually buy the right size tank for the stock list you want, long as the stock list is reasonable.

Finn, relax buddy. Listen to what everyone is saying. It's not "too many fish" it is the type. I know you have your heart set on specific fish. That's ok. But then you start with the tank size and go from there. You are going to double your tank cost just to get up and running. Talk it over with your folks. It's a lot better to confront your limitations now than it will be to deal with a broken heart after you have stressed, dead, beat up fish after having spent $10,000.
Make it a long-term goal, work your way up. It'll keep you and you Mom close as you both get older....
And please remember people are trying to give you their best, not beat you down.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mate, I've seen a few posts from you recently regarding tank sizes etc. As a lot of the posts say, either start with the tank you want and then work out a stocking list OR get the tank you need for the stock list you want...

Given your original stock list I honestly wouldn't put that lot together in anything under 5000 litres. I have 1200 litres in just over 8 feet of tank and the only fish in your list I have is the maroon clowns.. . My biggest fish is an orange shoulder tang... I have considered a vlamingi but don't think I have the room.

Think about it this way... how big a slice of the reef would you need to take to pick up enough natural habitat for all those fish? You're talking millions of gallons... so why squeeze them into less than 0.1% of that?

I'm not trying to bring you down, but unless you're gonna make your living room water tight, you need to be realistic and fair to the fish you wanna keep.

Having said that, a 750xxl isn't big enough for the puffers you clearly love... go custom, you can get what you want and cheaper than off the shelf...

Get a couple of quotes, it'll cost you nothing and you'll see the difference in price.

For reference, mine cost £900 4 years ago, that included tank, drilling, weirs and sump.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back