How Long Without a Skimmer?

Curl58

I had to order a new pump for my protein skimmer. I hope it will be here in a couple days. I've been without a working skimmer now for two days. So I be concerned and is there anything I can do to help while the skimmer is not working? I have a 125 gallon mix reef setup with a 40 gallon sump.

Thanks
Jerry

keep the tank mixed up will help things. Being a couple days without is not going to end the world. a water change never hurts completely if your nervous it has gone too long. Being a reef the corals will eat some of the stuff so thats always a benefit

I had to order a new pump for my protein skimmer. I hope it will be here in a couple days. I've been without a working skimmer now for two days. So I be concerned and is there anything I can do to help while the skimmer is not working? I have a 125 gallon mix reef setup with a 40 gallon sump.

Thanks
Jerry

Make sure your not over feeding, and keep an eye out for your water parameters. If you need to, do a water change, but you will be fine until your skimmer arrives.

Feed lightly and keep a large amount of made up saltwater handy in case your parameters get too far out of spec because of a shipping delay or something.

Also, I would make sure you have good flow towards the water surface for oxygenation since the skimmer isn't aerating the water any more.

Back