How rare is this?

This thread seriously needs more current pictures! PLEASE!
I would like to see some more critters found in, on and around the rocks.

Sorry for the delay. But have been busy at work.

Tides will be good in the next few weeks (middle of August). So will endeavour to take some more closeup shots of the LR.

Amazing pics. Wonder why Duncans are so expensive when they grow just laying in reef mud. What is the salinity of the areas that you collect in? I wondered why my pagoda coral was so hardy and now I know why.

WOW!!! i just spent a least an hour going through this thread. the most amazing pics ever! looks like i'm moving to Australia. Keep this pics coming! I'd need a 2000 gal tank if i lived this close to amazing corals and fish

This is one of the best postings I've ever read through. The pictures are incredible...loved
the turtle and duncan shots. Well...........I loved all the pictures.

Keep em coming

Time for an update?

Low tides were not that low today and also were at mid afternoon. This was also the hottest part of the day as well!

Despite this we decided to go to the other place which we frequent to see what we could find.

General shot of the area and bommies.
General01.jpg~original

Bommie01.jpg~original

Bommie02.jpg~original

Bommie03.jpg~original

Genuine Sand anemone.
Sand.jpg~original

Lots of weed type grass around at this time of year which covered a lot of the corals.
Weeds.jpg~original

Last edited:
Lobo's anyone?
Lobo01.jpg~original

Lobo02.jpg~original

Blue tipped acro.
Bluetipacro.jpg~original

Found this pool with these amazing Pagodas.
Pagoda.jpg~original

Nice red Dendro.
Dendo.jpg~original

We were just about to leave when we saw this beauty. It was a giant . Roughly the size of our hand when spread out!
BR02.jpg~original

BR01.jpg~original

Last edited:
You can just pick them up with a net like that? I figured they'd sorta just ooze into a crevasse that you can't get them out of.

This one was just swimming by. So I just scooped him up.
He was that large that I thought he was a cuttlefish.:hmm2:

You usually see them crawling around on the sand and rocks. Not afraid of anything.

truly amazing I am so jealous. Australia is on my top 5 place to see on my bucket list.

If you think this is beautiful, wait till you go to Phillipines and Indonesia; those places export alot more variety and availability in comparison.

Not saying that Australian seashore is not nice :)

Back