How rare is this?

Thank you for clarifying that.

But unfortunately there will be some individuals that will wreck it and they will ban collecting someday. The areas that we go to really do cop a battering by the tides and storms and it is incredible how fast they regenerate.

You really have to see the ares for yourself to see the conditions that they live in.

Re: selling of livestock. I might have mentioned it previously. We cannot even sell freshwater fish that breed at home or in ponds. Guppies, platties etc. You require a license to do so.

We went out a bit further today exploring and this amazing patch of brain (?) corals.
12092010835.jpg~original

12092010834.jpg~original

This is another for the ones who think that sponges cannot live out of water.
12092010836.jpg~original

Last edited:
Well it was soft and squishy like a sponge. That goni is very very average. Must be thousands in the area. Some are fluro green to yellows and the occasional nice purple.

Lewy,
I am absolutely green with envy.
Don't go out to far and meet a Salty :)
That is one nice looking Maxima.

We have not seen any more ocellaris since that photo was taken unfortunately.

Ironically the majority of the inhabitants in my tank are store bought.

We have not seen any more ocellaris since that photo was taken unfortunately.

Ironically the majority of the inhabitants in my tank are store bought.

Wow Lewy, you Australians are really lucky, I am jealous of you Aussies!!!!!. I believe it was the Aussies also that invented the condom from a sheeps bladder, it was only us from New Zealand that further developed it by taking the bladder out the sheep first...................

I have a purple sponge that the the exact same thing when the lights are out. It gets thorny. When the light come on it eventually smooths out.

Stunning stuff, thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience with us. I would love to see the display tank where all collection will be held. Thank you once again..

Wow Lewy, you Australians are really lucky, I am jealous of you Aussies!!!!!. I believe it was the Aussies also that invented the condom from a sheeps bladder, it was only us from New Zealand that further developed it by taking the bladder out the sheep first...................
haha mate i wonder whether the its a aussie/ nz thing (sheep) or if the rest of the world stereotypes kiwis that way

Back