How rare is this?

What would you say theses are?

Attachments

• General06.jpg
    General06.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2
Count the tentacles on the polyp. Goniopora have 24 tentacles per polyps. Related Alveopora have 12 tentacles per polyp

Definitely 12 tentacles per polyps. Came in as a hitchhiker and resembles pic in previous post. Its very small so hard to tell :)
I'm thinking its neither Goniopora or Alveopora. not the best of pic. :)

Attachments

• 12467689_1202499016446145_1139284097_n.jpg
    12467689_1202499016446145_1139284097_n.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Definitely 12 tentacles per polyps. Came in as a hitchhiker and resembles pic in previous post. Its very small so hard to tell :)

Don't think so. You need to take a clear picture and count it. Soft coral ha e 8 (octocorals) while Goniopora and Aleoporal tentacles count are as above. Your corals does not look like 12. Maybe 24

updated my last post

Looks like a extremely small galaxea. lol
Definitely not aiptasia or majano. lol
The more I look at it it could very well be crusting Alveopora

Last edited:
Dude, you have changed pictures for ID. The first picture that you posted is this one and this is a Gonipora and has what looks like the 24 tentacles as Orion pointed out to you above. Now you throw in a different picture while you haven't figure out the first one and are saying we're wrong? :hammer:

attachment.php

Sorry about the confusion.
In my first post the pic I provided was of corals I believed resembled a hitchhiker coral in my tank, not that those were my corals. I should of been clearer on that. My apologies. You and OrionN was right on track with your identification.
When I seen both your Id's I realized that most likely that's not the coral I have in my tank, I didn't mean to say you both were wrong about the first pic.
I was able to get a pic of what I had and posted it.
With OrionN response I was sure he understood what I was getting at.
Oh well no harm done. ;)

Looked like or resembled a galaxea. but I didn't think it was. ;)
What you see in the pic is all together around 1/4"
From my perspective it doesn't appear to be Majanos.
Thanks for helping :)

Is it possible to delete all of these last few posts. It ruined a terrific thread?

I come back to this thread once a week, just to see if there are any more pics. And this entire last page was just a hijack of the thread.

Is it possible to delete all of these last few posts. It ruined a terrific thread?

I come back to this thread once a week, just to see if there are any more pics. And this entire last page was just a hijack of the thread.

I agree. Can a mod clean up the derailment?

Back