How to build a CO2 regulator for your calcium reactor.

whoever got the HPT600 from the auction, congratulation!

here is the HPT600 that I just build
ouiJXVRh.jpg

q6RxYNth.jpg

eBuP1Zfh.jpg

DeI8XzRh.jpg

LoL I see you got 4 of these regs for $25.99 each. That's a killer deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoL I see you got 4 of these regs for $25.99 each. That’s a killer deal.

I got two HPT600, one is with broken gauges due to shipment damage.
The good one is what you see in the pictures.

got another batch of Concoa 315 and if you need any, let me know.

I build co2 systems as another hobby, and selling them to recoup the cost and keep this hobby going, :)

Just like you into beefing up your BMW, the more expensive hobby I have is photography, the camera body alone for these pictures was bought for a price more than the combined profit of selling 20 set of high end co2 systems, lol.

I will be away from building high end co2 systems again, for several years, you and flowerfishes take care of others by making more high quality co2 systems.

oAhDoiu.jpg

Last edited:
Question guys... upon killing power to the solenoid, how long does it typically take for the bubbles/CO2 flow to stop? The last couple of builds that I’ve helped people on, they’ve been having issues with the bubbles continuing to flow after power to the solenoid is cut off. Even on my own regulator, it typically takes a least a minute for the bubbles stop. Is that normal, or should bubbles stop immediately once power is cut off to the solenoid? Appreciate your input guys... I’m always trying to learn! :D

when solenoid is at power off at close position, these is still pressurized co2 between the space from solenoid to the bubble counter, it will take some time for the bubble rate to slow down and stop, normally takes about couple minutes but sometimes as long as 20 minutes depends on the output pressure and size of the cavity/space.

If you want the flow of the co2 passing the bubble counter stop immediately after the solenoid turns off, you can use a three way solenoid, this kind of solenoid not only cuts off co2 flow at the solenoid when it is power off, at the mean time the third port of the solenoid is open, release pressurized co2 between the solenoid and the bubble counter.
Need a really good check valve if use with a 3 way solenoid though, you don't want the sudden release of pressure inside the hose that creates water back flow problem.

The HPT600 in my previous post has a 3 way clippard mouse solenoid, the top/3rd port is sealed and the solenoid works as a 2 way solenoid, but if I didn't seal the top/third port, this co2 system would release the pressure inside the hose immediately when the solenoid is power off.

Last edited:
Makes sense. Some of these people are transitioning from a CarbonDoser, which runs at typically lower working pressures than our dual stage regulators, so I guess there’s a learning curve to get it properly tuned to the CaRx.

I got two HPT600, one is with broken gauges due to shipment damage.
The good one is what you see in the pictures.

got another batch of Concoa 315 and if you need any, let me know.

I build co2 systems as another hobby, and selling them to recoup the cost and keep this hobby going, :)

Just like you into beefing up your BMW, the more expensive hobby I have is photography, the camera body alone for these pictures was bought for a price more than the combined profit of selling 20 set of high end co2 systems, lol.

I will be away from building high end co2 systems again, for several years, you and flowerfishes take care of others by making more high quality co2 systems.

oAhDoiu.jpg

It's good seeing you back again in all of the forums. This post is not about selling co2 systems. I could have posted my co2 regulators on eBay like may other co2 builders. But if someone come here trying to promote his products. I will have to call him out.

It’s good seeing you back again in all of the forums. This post is not about selling co2 systems. I could have posted my co2 regulators on eBay like may other co2 builders. But if someone come here trying to promote his products. I will have to call him out.

no, not selling here, I only post nice achievement and new possible way/parts to build co2 systems while helping others to build in the public forums.
Currently all those available to pick up are on ebay and TPT sale section, but they will all be delisted, hopefully will be soon, and it will be about 4 years that I stay away from building custom co2 systems.

got this done a while ago, may be the last set I build before I am away.
a swagelok with high precision flow meter, dual output system.

47W7f18h.jpg

tTs7SVih.jpg

knohV0qh.jpg

I need help finding a metering valve. I built a custom brass regulator 3 or so years ago and my metering valve is leaking fresh air in. I swapped it out with a med flow metering valve that i had and I had no leaks but couldnt regulate the co2 effectively.

Does anyone have any laying around or know of a source of a metering valve? I would prefer NPT but beggars cant be choosers!

I need help finding a metering valve. I built a custom brass regulator 3 or so years ago and my metering valve is leaking fresh air in. I swapped it out with a med flow metering valve that i had and I had no leaks but couldnt regulate the co2 effectively.

Does anyone have any laying around or know of a source of a metering valve? I would prefer NPT but beggars cant be choosers!

Did you ever find a valve?

no, not selling here, I only post nice achievement and new possible way/parts to build co2 systems while helping others to build in the public forums.
Currently all those available to pick up are on ebay and TPT sale section, but they will all be delisted, hopefully will be soon, and it will be about 4 years that I stay away from building custom co2 systems.

got this done a while ago, may be the last set I build before I am away.
a swagelok with high precision flow meter, dual output system.

47W7f18h.jpg

tTs7SVih.jpg

knohV0qh.jpg

i'm glad I got mine from you before you quit, it's a wonderful unit.

I got stuck, my wife and kid are away from me in another country but I can not join them because its border is still closed due to covid policy.

So sorry to hear, hope you get the family together soon and healthy.
My regulator from you is nothing but wonderful, thank you.
And thanks to Jay B. for recommending you.

The one I got is the 0-125 PSI. I know it’s probably not ideal, but from my research, it’s workable (?).

No that's perfect. As long as you are referring to the actual range not what the gauge has for markings
"Standard" across the board for reactors to in line atomizers is about 5-50psi.

Wow I didn’t know they relocate the forum. Has anyone been building any co2 reg?

Attachments

• 0DDFC82A-3B72-42F6-8892-908233C55AF8.jpeg
    0DDFC82A-3B72-42F6-8892-908233C55AF8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Back