How to update firmware without aquacontroller display

rishma

I have an apex Jr. I would like to update the firmware. The video tutorial shows how to do it with the controller display, but I don't have a display. Can somebody point me in the right direction please?

Thank you.

I have an apex Jr. I would like to update the firmware. The video tutorial shows how to do it with the controller display, but I don't have a display. Can somebody point me in the right direction please?

Thank you.

You don't update the firmware though the display. You update the firmware via the web browser. With your Apex hardwaired to your network, log into your Apex via the Apex IP address. Then do a backup of the settings. Download the firmware then follow the instructions in the read me file.

I'm sorry. I may be too computer illiterate to do this. If you're patient perhaps you can help me through this.

Here's what I've done:

I downloaded the firmware to my Mac.
I connected my Mac directly to the router, turned off the Wi-Fi, and plug the apex directly into the router.
I cycled the power on the Apex.
I launched the Apex firmware app on the Mac.
I hit the search for controllers button and it detected my Apex.
I selected the controller and hit the update firm ware button.

It attempts to connect to the controller but I get it repeated "failed unlock attempt" " operation timed out"

If I had the browse button, it attempts to open the Apex IP address 10.0.1.3 in a safari window, but nothing happened. Safari just hangs up and eventually says "cannot open the page"

I don't know what else to do.

I think the problem may be that my Apex IP address looks nothing like my mac IP address? My mac and router look like 192.168.1.254. Apex is 10.0.1.3. Is that the problem? How do I fix this? I thought the apex would get an IP from the router?

Last edited:
I think the problem may be that you changed the password in your APEX jr but didn't put the new password in the apex firmware app

Back