I need advice! My B &W clowns laid eggs

dmack

So my clown laid eggs last Saturday night on a very large colony of frogspawn. I am interested in raising the fry. I set-up a 40g breeder tank with an airstone and heater. My plan is to move the frog spawn to the breeder tank tonight to separate them from the other fish. Does this make sense? I filled the breeder tank with water from 2 water changes from the main tank so the water chemistry should match. Do the fry have different water temp requirements?
Also, I had some rotifers delivered to my house today from Reeds Mariculture. I would really appreciate any advice you can provide. Thanks!

Your eggs wont hatch for 9 days. Its best to leave them with the parents up until the night of the hatch cause they take care of them. Im pretty new to this too but I can help a little. Ill post a good link for you in a minute.

Thanks for the links, they are very good. I've lowered the salinity in the fry tank to 1.020 to match the salinity of the rotifer tank.

Ok, should I move the frogspawn (where the eggs are) to the fry tank or just leave it alone and try to scoop out the larvae when they hatch? I think they might hatch tonight so I better make a decision here shortly. Im worried the lower salinity will hurt the frogspawn.

BTW it looks like mamma is pregnant again!

Your clowns will lay about every 14 days. Try to put a tile in the spot where they layed so you can just move that over. I would try and scoop them out this time around. Keep the room dark and shine a flash light at the surface of the water. They're attracted to the light like moths.

My tank is full of corals. It might be hard to scoop out the fry

picture.php

Very nice tank. You might wanna just let this one go and try the tile for next batch. Thats where im at right now. Of couse now they laid right next to the tile. If you try to scoop them out make sure you turn all your pumps off and best of luck to ya.

thanks for the wishes. I brought home a tile today. But I don't see any incentive for her to use it when there are suitable surfaces all over the place.

Well, I couldn't stand it. I took off my lights from under the hood and lifted half (literally) of the corals out at once since they are all grown together. put the frogspawn in a bucket (hopefully without exposing the eggs to air, and placed it all in the fry tank. Pics to follow.

Back