I need to pay attention more often

So Cal shaggy

Hey fellow OC reefers, I have been cruising the open reef forum and never even knew this section existed until I found a link to it from another message from the general reef board :rolleyes: I really need to pay more attention when I start browsing a message board.

Welcome!

Yeah, reefcentral is pretty big. I couldn't find the socal page for a while too.

Looks like we're neighboors, I'm in westminster too.

SoCal shaggy,

I see that you do some kayak fishing? I have do a lot of ocean tubing and always wanted to fish la jolla on a kayak. Maybe we can hook up and have a fishing contest to see who catches the biggest fish for frags,lol. I know a few reefers who are hard core fisherman and willing to put a small wager together or maybe we can just do it for fun. BTW what kinda kayak you have? I been looking at a prowler for some time

Paul

Hey Paul,

Yes I do kayak fish quite a bit I have been doing it since I bought my kayak almost 5 years ago. I would like to hook up for some fishing but I do not really have any frags to trade except for maybe some green mushrooms. I have hit up La Jolla a few times with pretty good yellowtail luck I enjoy Dana point quite a bit but usually fish the Newport area sicne it is closer. This Saturday is a big kayak fishing tournament in Dana point I cannot fish unfortunately since I received a pretty bad hand injury doing some DIY projects for my tank. I have a Hobie Maui kayak which is not too bad of a kayak but there is no inside storage space I have been looking at a new kayak and am leaning toward the Prowler 13 before you buy get out and test paddle as many different brands that you can.

Sounds good! we dont need any frags anyways but i might be able to hook you up on a few things when your ready. You gotta take me out to Dana point and maybe la jolla one day, that is definately something i need to do this year. Let me know when you get your prowler, i know nothing about kayaks and such and would like to get more involved into the sport. Maybe i can borrow your Hobie sport so i can get a feel for it.

Back