If You Are New to Reef Central, Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi Everyone - I'm Fred from Westchester county in NY, and just figuring out how to post in the right forum. Looking to build an open top show tank on a 7' x 19" natural stone countertop with room for a sump underneath.
I got a rimless tank 40"x17.7x17.7 for this space, but am now thinking I should figure out how to get / build something more like 6'x19"x(20 or 24height) instead. Any ideas on a source for the longer rimless tank that will fit on the 19" surface would be terrific

Hi Everyone - I'm Fred from Westchester county in NY, and just figuring out how to post in the right forum. Looking to build an open top show tank on a 7' x 19" natural stone countertop with room for a sump underneath.
I got a rimless tank 40"x17.7x17.7 for this space, but am now thinking I should figure out how to get / build something more like 6'x19"x(20 or 24height) instead. Any ideas on a source for the longer rimless tank that will fit on the 19" surface would be terrific
I was in Westchester once. Got completely hammered at the Marriot and somehow didn't get kicked out. Ah to be 20 again. Anyways, welcome!

Hello Everyone! My Name is Kevin. I am just getting back into the hobby after 20+ years and just wanted to say "Hi" and warn you that lots of questions are probably forthcoming as I get back up to speed. I apologize in advance! :) The improvements in technology while I was away are just crazy! Very excited with the changes. For reference, I am going to be setting up a 72" x 18" x 25" (140 gal) mixed reef. I just setup my RODI/mixing station today, so hope to clean and start cycling the 50 lbs of live (now dead) rock that I saved from my setup back then, soon. See you in the forums!
Kevin

Last edited:
Hey All! Thanks for the add! New to the 'new rules' of Reef tanks. Had a 55 Gal saltwater tank in 2000. A couple of rocks, couple of clowns, couple of tangs and damsels. No CuC and didn't check parameters. I had no clue what I was doing. lol. lost one fish, but then had to deploy and sold everything. Spent a couple of months reading and researching before starting this time. 150G tank with all of the Apex bells and whistles. Currently 6 weeks in and added fish once ammonia was 0 (2 clowns, purple dottyback, sixline wrasse, and diamondback goby). Brown algae started about 3 weeks ago and now have GHA starting. Ammonia has been zero for the last 4 weeks, and I still have some nitrites and obviously nitrates. Definitely looking forward to reading through as many posts as possible and getting advice, Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220825_203126.jpg
    20220825_203126.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220825_203134.jpg
    20220825_203134.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220826_093440.jpg
    20220826_093440.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220826-102952_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220826-102952_Gallery.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 6
Hi, I’m barb and I am a successful, experienced, freshwater multi aquarium fish keeper. I’ve decided I’m ready to do saltwater. So far so good . I have successful set up a 20 g nano reef tank, with only 2 fish and a tree coral frag , that are thriving beautifully. I am beginning to add more to the tank. Wish me luck and I appreciate all the enlightening conversation.

Hi, I’m barb and I am a successful, experienced, freshwater multi aquarium fish keeper. I’ve decided I’m ready to do saltwater. So far so good . I have successful set up a 20 g nano reef tank, with only 2 fish and a tree coral frag , that are thriving beautifully. I am beginning to add more to the tank. Wish me luck and I appreciate all the enlightening conversation.
Welcome to Reef Central Barb. Good luck with your new tank.

Welcome Barb and good luck with the nano!

Back