image posting, technique, shopping, wb tips etc.

test shot

test shot

848655658_665f027503_b.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10073812#post10073812 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gregr
NanoCube-boy-- what camera are you using? This article will give you some ideas on how to improve your picture taking skills.
Carib- this article has some good info on image posting and hosting sites.
Holler if you need clarification on anything.

I'm using a Sony Camera Dsc-p8 with 3x optical zoom, 3.2 mega pixels.

Well, yea, Itry my best with the camera, but it looks burry, I'm not sure why? I adjust the ISO, but iono either what's going on. I even place on macro mode, but still not as good at the other guys.

The most common causes of blurry pictures are slow shutter speeds and shooting at an angle into the tank. Using a tripod and shooting squarely into the tank will improve things in most cases. If you can put that camera in something like a sports mode (pets? kids?) it will bias the settings towards faster shutter speeds.

hmm.. I guess I have to read up on the instruction to speed up my shutter. I'm not even show I speed up the shutter. I heard tripod helps a lot, but I think it's a little too much just to get some pictures of tank.

You can always put a chair and some books or whatever in front of the tank and prop the camera on that. Use the self-timer on the camera so it doesn't jiggle when you press the button. Your camera doesn't have shutter speed priority but it does have a "fast shutter" scene mode- give that a try.

tripods make a huge difference as does shutting down your pumps. check out Marc's (melev) home page for lots of good photog tips.

great tips & advice in this sticky!
I think I learn something every time I read thru the photog forum
thanks to all

I have a question about white balancing with mixed lighting. I have 2 10K bulbs and 2 actinics...how do i properly balance this? I can set the white balance in my camera to any Kelvin i want, but I can't get a perfect image setting to either of those two.

Thanks!

Open Brain with Canon G9

Open Brain with Canon G9

I'm new at this...any commons welcome.

showphoto.php

188980IMG_0328__Desktop_Resolution_.JPG

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

How can I make my photos to show on the thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there. If you look at your picture in your gallery, under the image there is a text list. One of the items is "use this in image tag." Highlight that text, right click, and select copy. Then paste that in the thread with [ img] & [ /img] on each end (without the spaces I put in). I fixed one of them above.

Back