inconstant foam in octo rps-3000

first i did a few mods to her... added some green mesh thing i had around.. and a gg screen to hold her firmly in place but still fliffy.. tied down with 15lb fishing line, enlarged the outlet pipe and bore out the pipes some... i can tell that it pulls more but hot sure on how much.. no meter.. my water lvl is 1/4'' under the body to slanted potion when on.. ( if i shut the thing down and only have the feed pump on it's about 1.5 inches under the convershion)

now the problem.. i get inconsistant foam head on this thing... when i have foam it is a nice and steady foam head ( like for a few hrs ) then all in a sudden i would lose the head completly.. the foam wount make it up the neck ( the part afther the convershion) at all.. i just see a bunch of 'wet' foam just bubling right under the neck.. what the problem?? sry i cant post pic ( 56k.. it would take forever..)

Yzgyz

are you dosing anything immediately before it does this? Also is the return tube above the water in your sump? Also, I would keep the foam level right at the bottom of where the body of the skimmer and the cone begin (below the union).

return is above water... soo outlet is constant.. it loses the head by itself.. somtimes when i come home from work i see it like that so as far as i know it dose it by itself... ill try raising the lvl but i think it would skimm to wet.. ill see...

YzGyz

Back